If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

This kid missed his calling as a medieval inquisitor. Anyone got a time machine?

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 14, 2016, 01:00:49 PM
This kid missed his calling as a medieval inquisitor. Anyone got a time machine?

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Dibs on the comfy chair, love!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 12:19:56 PM
I think you misread my first reply. THE reference to THE trinity was solely a jest. It's THE second part Why it's ridiculous to talk of one christian deity.
And before I get in to more, I want an answer to my question first, as I told you I might Well be wrong.

What off it?
I could be wrong. Your specific god just might exist. Not bloody likely, but sure, if you go enough decimals (give or take a few bilion) after .0% you could add something else than a zero.
Now; what off it? Does your question have a point? Is it supposed to sway me? Make me realize something? Make me doubt? Or are you just hoping we all show our dogmatic thinking and say; no, I know my opinion on god to be true. I cannot be swayed. I feel it in my heart.
If so, you've come to A forum on THE wrong Side of THE debate.

You just said you could be wrong but then you said that you KNOW that your opinion is true. If you could be wrong about something than by definition you can not know it.

Let me ask you this, could you be wrong about everything you claim to know?

If not please tell me one thing that you know but could be wrong about.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 12:34:20 PM
Absolutely not.  You seem to be a very judgmental person.  But then since you are a christian, that is a given.  But, there is absolutely no possible way your god can exist.  I would ask you to provide any evidence that it does exist; and I do; but usually your type of person just ignores and ducks such questions for they know they cannot provide an answer.

This we see the folly of atheism. You absolutely do not believe in absolutes right? Oh and you said that there's ABSOLUTELY no God, but you don't believe in absolutes right?

All evidence points to God the problem is that no matter what evidence I put forward you will dismiss it according to your presuppositions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:07:26 PM
You just said you could be wrong but then you said that you KNOW that your opinion is true.

Can you even read?
If so, try again. Slowly. Diligently. And without preconception.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:10:54 PM
This we see the folly of atheism. You absolutely do not believe in absolutes right? Oh and you said that there's ABSOLUTELY no God, but you don't believe in absolutes right?

All evidence points to God the problem is that no matter what evidence I put forward you will dismiss it according to your presuppositions.

Presuppositions--that is ironic you use that word--you are full of them.  If you know what I think and what I will say, then why are you here?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 01:19:10 PM
Presuppositions--that is ironic you use that word--you are full of them.  If you know what I think and what I will say, then why are you here?????

I see you ignored the part where I expose your self refuting argument about absolutes.

I'm here because I want to expose to you the folly of the atheistic worldview.

Everyone has presuppositions including you and I can point them out to you if you are unaware of them.

The problem is not whether or not we have presuppositions but if they are true or not.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 01:12:26 PM
Can you even read?
If so, try again. Slowly. Diligently. And without preconception.

Im at work sorry I read it quickly... please forgive me.

I know that God exists the same way that you do. By his revelation.

Could you be wrong about everything you claim to know?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:26:28 PM
Im at work sorry I read it quickly... please forgive me.

I know that God exists the same way that you do. By his revelation.

No worries. So was I.
I don't know that God exists. I don't know he doesn't. I just don't have any reason to suspect that he does.

And could I be wrong about everything I claim to know? I feel like I've answered this question you posed 2 or 3  times already in the short time you arrived. Both in another thread and in this one, though differently worded but aimed at the same thing.

And again, semantics aside as I think I understand what you are trying to ask: yes. I could.

So could you.

Now. Again. What off it?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 02:20:26 PM
No worries. So was I.
I don't know that God exists. I don't know he doesn't. I just don't have any reason to suspect that he does.

And could I be wrong about everything I claim to know? I feel like I've answered this question you posed 2 or 3  times already in the short time you arrived. Both in another thread and in this one, though differently worded but aimed at the same thing.

And again, semantics aside as I think I understand what you are trying to ask: yes. I could.

So could you.

Now. Again. What off it?

Could you be wrong in saying that you know that I could be wrong about everything I could claim to know?

If you could be wrong about everything you claim to know then you can't know anything.

If you can't know anything then you can't know what I do or do not know.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:22:21 PM
Could you be wrong in saying that you know that I could be wrong about everything I could claim to know?

If you could be wrong about everything you claim to know then you can't know anything.

If you can't know anything then you can't know what I do or do not know.

Gee, I don't know? You know?

But I think.
And I try to be intellectualy honest.

You know?

No. I don't think you know, honestly.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:26:28 PM

Well, you are, so it's slightly possible that I am.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 02:26:42 PM
Gee, I don't know? You know?

But I think.
And I try to be intellectualy honest.

You know?

No. I don't think you know, honestly.

Thinking and knowing are two different things. You can not know anything you have given up all knowledge.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 02:37:14 PM
Well, you are, so it's slightly possible that I am.

If you could be wrong about everything you claim to know, then you can't know anything. If you can't know anything you can't know what I do or do not know.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:44:38 PM
Thinking and knowing are two different things. You can not know anything you have given up all knowledge.

They are two different things, I think.

You should try thinking sometime. I think it's more intellectually honest than claiming you know something.