If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2016, 06:42:26 AM
Alex ... what does it mean to exist?  Philosophers have debated that for 2500 years ... do you finally have THE answer? ;-)

Would you be able to answer my question?

In the context of my question, I'm asking if it's impossible for God to exist, be real, be true. To exist is to have objective reality, to be real is to be actually existing and not imagined or supposed and truth is that which corresponds to reality.

So now that I've explained myself, are you able to give an answer to my question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 06:46:46 AM
THE christian God? As if there is only one?

Him being three people at once aside, there are as many Christian Gods as there are Christians.

Ignoratio elenchi.

However, your argument is still a bad one.

"The three Biblical doctrines that flow directly into the river that is the Trinity are as follows:

1) There is one and only one God, eternal, immutable.

2) There are three eternal Persons described in Scripture - the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. These Persons are never identified with one another - that is, they are carefully differentiated as Persons.

3) The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, are identified as being fully deity---that is, the Bible teaches the Deity of Christ and the Deity of the Holy Spirit."

- http://vintage.aomin.org/trinitydef.html

I can provide scriptural references as well.

Now, do you have an answer to my original question?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 14, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
Are you absolutely certain that it is impossible that the Earth is actually flat?

Ignoratio elenchi.

The earth be flat or not has nothing to do with my question.

Do you have an actual answer for me?

aitm

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:06:42 AM
, I'm asking if it's impossible for God to exist,

Yes, I think it is impossible for the "christian" god to exist. The faults, impotency, ineptness and ignorance exhibited by this "god" cannot be aligned with something that could create a universe the size we have, complete with life and yet not understand the basics of human physiology, or be so consumed on a woman's menstrual cycle but unable to defeat any army until the third try or not at all if they have iron chariots...pathetic.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:12:12 AM
Ignoratio elenchi.

The earth be flat or not has nothing to do with my question.

Do you have an actual answer for me?

I love it when Christians, people who thrive on logical fallacies, try to look smart by pointing to the logical fallacies of others. When you come here and ask stupid questions, don't be surprised when people mock you.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: aitm on October 14, 2016, 11:15:27 AM
Yes, I think it is impossible for the "christian" god to exist. The faults, impotency, ineptness and ignorance exhibited by this "god" cannot be aligned with something that could create a universe the size we have, complete with life and yet not understand the basics of human physiology, or be so consumed on a woman's menstrual cycle but unable to defeat any army until the third try or not at all if they have iron chariots...pathetic.

Ok so now your giving me evidence that you think proves that the Christian God can not possibly exist. Are you using your reasoning to determine whether or not this evidence proves that?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:11:02 AM
Ignoratio elenchi.

However, your argument is still a bad one.

"The three Biblical doctrines that flow directly into the river that is the Trinity are as follows:

1) There is one and only one God, eternal, immutable.

2) There are three eternal Persons described in Scripture - the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. These Persons are never identified with one another - that is, they are carefully differentiated as Persons.

3) The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, are identified as being fully deity---that is, the Bible teaches the Deity of Christ and the Deity of the Holy Spirit."

- http://vintage.aomin.org/trinitydef.html

I can provide scriptural references as well.

Now, do you have an answer to my original question?

Do your references add anything of substance to your otherwise unsupported assertions? If not, save us both THE trouble, please.

Here is my three  step take, without THE assertion that there is an actual god

1) everyone who calls themselves a Christian has a notion of god
2) christian denominations bicker amongst themselves what god is Like and what he exactly wants
3) christians within these denominations do THE same with one another, be it about less significant differences

Hence they all have a different Notion of god. So to claim to talk about 'the christian god' is a phallacy in and by itself.

But whatever. Semantics aside, this is THE same question you've asked over and over on this forum. Only THE wording changes. And yes, i understand what you are getting at. And my answer here is THE same as THE previous one I gave in a different thread.

I could be wrong. No shame in that. No hassle to expres it. No reason to think it, but no reason to deny it.

And again I must ask: what off it?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:06:42 AM
Would you be able to answer my question?

In the context of my question, I'm asking if it's impossible for God to exist, be real, be true. To exist is to have objective reality, to be real is to be actually existing and not imagined or supposed and truth is that which corresponds to reality.

So now that I've explained myself, are you able to give an answer to my question?

I am able to say that it is impossible for god to exist--your god or any other god.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 11:48:22 AM
I am able to say that it is impossible for god to exist--your god or any other god.

Ok so you believe in absolutes?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 11:46:13 AM
Do your references add anything of substance to your otherwise unsupported assertions? If not, save us both THE trouble, please.

Here is my three  step take, without THE assertion that there is an actual god

1) everyone who calls themselves a Christian has a notion of god
2) christian denominations bicker amongst themselves what god is Like and what he exactly wants
3) christians within these denominations do THE same with one another, be it about less significant differences

Hence they all have a different Notion of god. So to claim to talk about 'the christian god' is a phallacy in and by itself.

But whatever. Semantics aside, this is THE same question you've asked over and over on this forum. Only THE wording changes. And yes, i understand what you are getting at. And my answer here is THE same as THE previous one I gave in a different thread.

I could be wrong. No shame in that. No hassle to expres it. No reason to think it, but no reason to deny it.

And again I must ask: what off it?

My references explained what the trinity is, unlike your mis definition of it. There you go using your reasoning again, but I want to know why you can trust your reasoning?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:09:23 PM
My references explained what the trinity is, unlike your mis definition of it. There you go using your reasoning again, but I want to know why you can trust your reasoning?

I think you misread my first reply. THE reference to THE trinity was solely a jest. It's THE second part Why it's ridiculous to talk of one christian deity.
And before I get in to more, I want an answer to my question first, as I told you I might Well be wrong.

What off it?
I could be wrong. Your specific god just might exist. Not bloody likely, but sure, if you go enough decimals (give or take a few bilion) after .0% you could add something else than a zero.
Now; what off it? Does your question have a point? Is it supposed to sway me? Make me realize something? Make me doubt? Or are you just hoping we all show our dogmatic thinking and say; no, I know my opinion on god to be true. I cannot be swayed. I feel it in my heart.
If so, you've come to A forum on THE wrong Side of THE debate.

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:07:40 PM
Ok so you believe in absolutes?

Absolutely not.  You seem to be a very judgmental person.  But then since you are a christian, that is a given.  But, there is absolutely no possible way your god can exist.  I would ask you to provide any evidence that it does exist; and I do; but usually your type of person just ignores and ducks such questions for they know they cannot provide an answer.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Primordial soup on a planetary scale, interesting things can happen. Here life happened. No doubt there are endless planets where it didn't happen. No magic required. (Unless you barely passed Chem. in high school, like i did. I still don't know what a mole is.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 12:40:36 PM
I still don't know what a mole is.)

It's those things that live in the ground, eat worms and snails and fuck up your lawn.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 12:46:23 PM
It's those things that live in the ground, eat worms and snails and fuck up your lawn.
I thought it was some Mexican sauce of some kind?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers