If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 19, 2016, 12:34:00 PM
Meh. I don't find him very engaging either; but as long as he doesn't start spamming the forum, I'm okay with letting him stay.
He seems to remain mostly contained to his own thread and though his responses seem strange and void, he seemingly only gives them as a response on a response to him. He's not doing anything really 'wrong', imo. Don't know on what grounds you'd ban him.
I mean, I don't want to stick my neck out for this guy, but I feel like bans should have legitimate reasons.

point well made. Guess I'll just be bored.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 20, 2016, 11:52:13 AM
Nucleocosmochronology has not authority over the Psijic Endeavor (the Tri-angled truth).

CHIM is how we break free from the laws and anti-laws of Anu and Padomay.  The Red King has in his eye the Heart of Lorkhan, which he viewed sideways.
No, no, no.  I followed along quite easily until you said 'sideways'.  That makes no sense.  It have been proven to have been viewed backwards! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: g2perk on August 20, 2016, 11:05:10 AM
I really enjoyed that. I learned a lot.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I remember the first time a teacher put a word on the board I could read. I learned a lot in the first grade, and that taught me to never stop. Along the way I learned there's a lot of bullshit in the world and a few things worth knowing.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

g2perk

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 20, 2016, 12:59:26 PM
I remember the first time a teacher put a word on the board I could read. I learned a lot in the first grade, and that taught me to never stop. Along the way I learned there's a lot of bullshit in the world and a few things worth knowing.
I guess the gift is knowing the difference.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 20, 2016, 01:01:35 PM

Then why is it, g2, that you believe in the bullshit?????  Is it just easier to believe something rather than having to look for reasons and think about it????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2016, 01:11:53 PM
Then why is it, g2, that you believe in the bullshit?????  Is it just easier to believe something rather than having to look for reasons and think about it????
And wants BS.

sdelsolray

Or pretending to know the difference.

Gawdzilla Sama

That's why they call me "gifted".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 20, 2016, 01:13:32 PM
And wants BS.

Seems you got your want--you believe in the deepest BS there is.

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2016, 06:09:24 PM
Seems you got your want--you believe in the deepest BS there is.
Come on mike. Can't admit you was wrong. This is the man that started the big bang theory. He was a priest and a scientist. Best of both worlds.

aitm

14 billion light year universe, suns large enough for most of our solar system to fit into and dweezle here promotes a god that demands a woman's hand be cut off if she should happen to grab a mans testicles while fighting for her life. Yeah….boo-yah. Thats an almighty god for ya.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

In the middle of the Pacific, on a clear moonless night, I sat on the fantail of a cruiser and read a book. The light came from stars thousands or millions of light years away. I was impressed. I looked up and didn't see any god up there.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Same here. Bridge of a ship in the North Atlantic.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 20, 2016, 06:36:24 PM
Come on mike. Can't admit you was wrong. This is the man that started the big bang theory. He was a priest and a scientist. Best of both worlds.

When I'm wrong I will admit it.  Even to you.  But what was I wrong about?  This man was clearly divided.  Just because a man is a scientist does not make him an expert in all areas of science or life.  I do find it interesting that he used the scientific method in one area but ignored in it in another.  His hypothesis of the big bang has been used and tested by not only himself, but many, many others.  That is the point of science to build knowledge by using the scientific method which allows anybody to test any hypothesis.  If they can show the hypothesis to be false or not provable, then it is considered not true.  If it is true, then it is formed into a theory--which can still be tested. 

His priest side did not use that with his description of god--he, nor anybody else could prove that god is.  Can you?

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2016, 11:26:41 PM
When I'm wrong I will admit it.  Even to you.  But what was I wrong about?  This man was clearly divided.  Just because a man is a scientist does not make him an expert in all areas of science or life.  I do find it interesting that he used the scientific method in one area but ignored in it in another.  His hypothesis of the big bang has been used and tested by not only himself, but many, many others.  That is the point of science to build knowledge by using the scientific method which allows anybody to test any hypothesis.  If they can show the hypothesis to be false or not provable, then it is considered not true.  If it is true, then it is formed into a theory--which can still be tested. 

His priest side did not use that with his description of god--he, nor anybody else could prove that god is.  Can you?
Well, like Charles Spurgeon once said

He that is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.