Senate approves draft for women as well as men

Started by Hydra009, June 17, 2016, 04:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on June 21, 2016, 10:21:47 AM
I blame it all on the Renaissance. Its Galileo and his damn ballistics tables. We should be living hand to mouth with a cow in the back yard and fighting our battles face to face with swords and spears, none of this damn shoot em' up. fuck progress anyhow. Women should be in the kitchen shitting out children and men cutting wheat in the field with scythes. Fuck that horse and plow shit. We should all be Neo-Luddites and shun technology, seriously. Progress. Who the fuck needs it?

Irish women still went to war as late as 650 CE ... then the Church had to tell them to stop doing that.  So yes, domesticated Medieval women were just rape bait.

The modernity of bio-weapons will catch up to us ... yeah, progress!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Quote from: Baruch on June 21, 2016, 01:46:40 PM
Irish women still went to war as late as 650 CE ... then the Church had to tell them to stop doing that.  So yes, domesticated Medieval women were just rape bait.

The modernity of bio-weapons will catch up to us ... yeah, progress!

Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah used to be ground zero for biological research. My brother worked there. I worked out there one summer for a contractor stripping floors. It was not uncommon to walk out of the apartment in the morning and see a dead bird on the ground. Also not uncommon to see a man in a biohazard suit picking it up. This was in the late 60's. If they want to go the biowarfare route, they are ready.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on June 21, 2016, 02:12:59 PM
Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah used to be ground zero for biological research. My brother worked there. I worked out there one summer for a contractor stripping floors. It was not uncommon to walk out of the apartment in the morning and see a dead bird on the ground. Also not uncommon to see a man in a biohazard suit picking it up. This was in the late 60's. If they want to go the biowarfare route, they are ready.
If the bird was next to a building there's a good bet it flew into a window and crushed its little skull.

Now if you lived near Unit 731...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 23, 2016, 06:44:56 AM
If the bird was next to a building there's a good bet it flew into a window and crushed its little skull.

Now if you lived near Unit 731...

That's the thing. You would find dead birds far away from any building. Fortunately it wasn't dead anything else.

Celtic women in ancient times used to go into battle naked. Which makes sense if you think about it- just saving the cost of uniforms by itself would be significant.

widdershins

Quote from: stromboli on June 23, 2016, 11:44:16 AM
That's the thing. You would find dead birds far away from any building. Fortunately it wasn't dead anything else.

Celtic women in ancient times used to go into battle naked. Which makes sense if you think about it- just saving the cost of uniforms by itself would be significant.
And if men had the "what a waste" mentality I've seen in modern times from men when a hot chick gets killed in a movie, they might have actually been harder to kill without the uniforms.
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on June 23, 2016, 11:44:16 AM

Taking the principle of "The side with the simplest uniform wins" to the nth degree?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on June 21, 2016, 02:12:59 PM

Around these parts Redstone Arsenal is celebrating it's 75 anniversary. Founded in 1941 as a site for chemical weapons manufacturing...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 24, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
Taking the principle of "The side with the simplest uniform wins" to the nth degree?

Actually more because their armor technology was not as good as the Romans, and they found that when  wounded, the wool or other material embedded in a wound bred infection. Naked skin means a cleaner wound. They were just being practical.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on June 24, 2016, 04:28:16 PM
Actually more because their armor technology was not as good as the Romans, and they found that when  wounded, the wool or other material embedded in a wound bred infection. Naked skin means a cleaner wound. They were just being practical.
Didn't they wear a coat of paint?
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 24, 2016, 06:12:20 PM
Didn't they wear a coat of paint?

Woad.  Camouflage.  Not house paint.  The whole point is to poke holes in the other guy, not holes poked in you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 25, 2016, 12:14:09 AM
Woad.  Camouflage.  Not house paint.
Meh, paint is paint.
QuoteThe whole point is to poke holes in the other guy, not holes poked in you.
That worked almost every time for me.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Boudicca poked a few holes in a few Romans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

TopCat

Yet they still won't give women rights. I'm not going.