The Believers Eternal Fight for "Validation"

Started by aitm, May 24, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Just look at how much they must do to justify, in their own minds, that what they believe must be true.

Simple common sense and little logic is all one needs to question the validity of a god. Looking around at the plethora of religions, and top that off with the thousands of past religions and the pile of clamoring gods atop the pile of dead gods surely should make a reasonable person question where did they all come from?  The easy and factual answer is they all came from the imaginations of humans.  Not one single religion can show a “success” rate any better than any other religion, nor are there any indications that even one god shows a modicum of interest for their followers suggest that god and chance present the same outcome. Of what good is that?

Now look at our current “followers of the faith”. Do you see how much work they have to do to find justification for their superstitions?  Goodness, why they have to study books upon books and watch videos and shows, all from people who have a stake in proclaiming the religion is true. They seem to miss that last part of that last sentence.

Obviously it is painful for them to question their own faith, but if they can continue to find books and videos from other people who agree with them then “oh, BOY, validation! But there is the ultimate ever unending denial of facts that they are confronted with, that would challenge them.

They proclaim the truth, then scurry about finding validation for it so they don’t look like fools. And when they see something conflicting, they must scurry about to find more evidence to back up their insecurities and fragile faith. Everything they do, is geared to protect them from admitting the truth. They must have validation for their faith. They must have it. And they will look until they find someone to agree with them, and thus are validated, until the next time.

Everyday, it crumbles… and everyday they scurry about with a patchwork of band-aids and rubber bands trying to hold their fragile faith intact. When their own works are question to the obvious, they merely deny the obvious in favor of the obfuscated.

The truth does not require that much work, the truth is quite easy. The obvious is always simplest. But when the “truth” requires constant vigilance and protection, when it requires work and validation, when it cannot stand on its own, then the “truth” simply is not.

And they flail away......

............ just too much work.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on May 24, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

Just look at how much they must do to justify, in their own minds, that what they believe must be true.

Simple common sense and little logic is all one needs to question the validity of a god. Looking around at the plethora of religions, and top that off with the thousands of past religions and the pile of clamoring gods atop the pile of dead gods surely should make a reasonable person question where did they all come from?  The easy and factual answer is they all came from the imaginations of humans.  Not one single religion can show a “success” rate any better than any other religion, nor are there any indications that even one god shows a modicum of interest for their followers suggest that god and chance present the same outcome. Of what good is that?

Now look at our current “followers of the faith”. Do you see how much work they have to do to find justification for their superstitions?  Goodness, why they have to study books upon books and watch videos and shows, all from people who have a stake in proclaiming the religion is true. They seem to miss that last part of that last sentence.

Obviously it is painful for them to question their own faith, but if they can continue to find books and videos from other people who agree with them then “oh, BOY, validation! But there is the ultimate ever unending denial of facts that they are confronted with, that would challenge them.

They proclaim the truth, then scurry about finding validation for it so they don’t look like fools. And when they see something conflicting, they must scurry about to find more evidence to back up their insecurities and fragile faith. Everything they do, is geared to protect them from admitting the truth. They must have validation for their faith. They must have it. And they will look until they find someone to agree with them, and thus are validated, until the next time.

Everyday, it crumbles… and everyday they scurry about with a patchwork of band-aids and rubber bands trying to hold their fragile faith intact. When their own works are question to the obvious, they merely deny the obvious in favor of the obfuscated.

The truth does not require that much work, the truth is quite easy. The obvious is always simplest. But when the “truth” requires constant vigilance and protection, when it requires work and validation, when it cannot stand on its own, then the “truth” simply is not.

Its those gosh darn scientists. I blame them.

Randy Carson

Quote from: aitm on May 24, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

It is true that occasionally, an anti-theist will ask a bizarre question that requires some reading of good books in order to answer. That's not terribly unusual; scientists have reference books, too.

The part that you've overlooked in your emotional outburst is that while we may not know all the answers IMMEDIATELY, the answers do exist. And they are strong.

Which is why Christianity, in particular, continues to exist and will do so until the Lord returns.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

reasonist

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 10:20:59 AM
It is true that occasionally, an anti-theist will ask a bizarre question that requires some reading of good books in order to answer. That's not terribly unusual; scientists have reference books, too.

Yes, and those reference books have been validated by testing, measuring and calculating from a variety of peers. Before they become reference books, science makes sure the information in it is irrefutable with our current knowledge. That doesn't say that new discoveries won't change that. Once you can provide repeatable testing results of any of the bible claims, you can compare your book with science books. Until then, your book is a very, very old collection of hearsay by unknown authors. To top it up, your book is full of miraculous claims, which science will never attempt to explain anything with.
So please don't even attempt to compare apples with oranges. THAT won't work.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Hydra009

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 10:20:59 AMThe part that you've overlooked in your emotional outburst is that while we may not know all the answers IMMEDIATELY, the answers do exist. And they are strong.
The truth is out there.

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 10:20:59 AM

Which is why Christianity, in particular, continues to exist and will do so until the Lord returns.
Or until people get sick and tired of waiting.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 24, 2016, 11:35:39 AM
Or until people get sick and tired of waiting.

If 1963 was the year of your birth, then you don't have too much longer to wait...

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 11:45:18 AM
If 1963 was the year of your birth, then you don't have too much longer to wait...

I'm sure that someone like you said that to someone like me in the year 63.

I should correct that - the year 116.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 24, 2016, 11:51:40 AM
I'm sure that someone like you said that to someone like me in the year 63.

I should correct that - the year 116.

Probably. And it was true then, too. We will all meet the Lord soon, marom.

In the meantime, have your prostate checked, and don't forget your colonoscopy.

Those of us in our middle years need to watch that stuff.

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 24, 2016, 12:02:10 PM
Probably. And it was true then, too. We will all meet the Lord soon, marom.

In the meantime, have your prostate checked, and don't forget your colonoscopy.

Those of us in our middle years need to watch that stuff.
Both done. Healthy.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

doorknob

threatening people with meeting the lord.

Hmmmm for some reason I'm not real worried about it since I'm pretty sure once dead I will no longer be aware of anything. Pushing up daisys as they say.

But if I do for some strange reason meet the lord I have quite a few questions for him.

marom1963

Quote from: doorknob on May 24, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Hmmmm for some reason I'm not real worried about it since I'm pretty sure once dead I will no longer be aware of anything. Pushing up daisys as they say.

But if I do for some strange reason meet the lord I have quite a few questions for him.
Questions! To hell w/that. He needs a kick in the ass!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: doorknob on May 24, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Heh...and he may have a few for you, as well.

gentle_dissident

It must be true if all these other people believe it. That rich and powerful speaker must be speaking the truth. Rave-like emotions are experienced, it must be God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySVV0bm5b_Q