News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

April fools prank

Started by widdershins, April 27, 2016, 03:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

A little late, I know, but if you have kids, you may have fun with these.  The wife and I certainly did.

The first one was my idea.  On the birthday of one of my girls, maybe 6 or 7, I decided to convince her that she could become invisible a single time on that day.  I had the wife sit on the floor and smile at the camera with her legs apart on the floor and I took a picture.  Then we called the daughter down and had the wife get into the same position, but this time with the kid sitting between her legs and took another picture after giving her the line.  Then I showed her the first picture, making her believe that she had briefly spent her one-time birthday invisibility for that picture.

While that was amusing, the second one is WAY better.  This one was the wife's idea, though she may have found it on the Internet or something.  She put half a peach on a plate, flat side down, then spread whipped cream on the plate around it to make it look like a giant sunny-side-up egg which took up most of the plate.  To complete the illusion she sprinkled a little cinnamon on it to look like pepper.  We made one plate for each kid, then called them down and told them it was an ostrich egg.  Being kids and being presented with something they had never tried before they were, of course, horrified.  One daughter actually told us that she didn't like ostrich eggs.  She claimed to have tried them at school already to avoid having to try something new.  She still wouldn't eat it after we laughed at her and told her what it really was and that we knew that there was no way she had tried ostrich eggs at school.

To this day, about 8 years or so later, when she tells us that she doesn't like something the go-to response is, "Let me guess, you tried it at school?"

One not, if you don't have kids, these probably won't work on adults...well, not sober ones, anyway.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

Kids say and do things that make me laugh.  I remember one Thanksgiving we had all the kids around and by this time my youngest daughter was about 15 or so, but my granddaughter was about 5. We were just talking about things that happened when the kids were younger,  just kids.. My 5 year old granddaughter breaks in a blurts out, "Back when I was just a little girl we..."  I don't remember the rest, but this is a 5 year old kid telling us all about the good old days when she was just a little girl..as if it was 39 years ago..  Yup! The good old days just 3 weeks ago..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

A couple of friends of mine glued a baby carrier to the top of their car and took off into LA traffic on April 1, 1988.

Drink may have been involved.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 01, 2016, 10:33:26 PM
Kids say and do things that make me laugh.  I remember one Thanksgiving we had all the kids around and by this time my youngest daughter was about 15 or so, but my granddaughter was about 5. We were just talking about things that happened when the kids were younger,  just kids.. My 5 year old granddaughter breaks in a blurts out, "Back when I was just a little girl we..."  I don't remember the rest, but this is a 5 year old kid telling us all about the good old days when she was just a little girl..as if it was 39 years ago..  Yup! The good old days just 3 weeks ago..
Yeah, family and friend still ask each other, "What doing?" because my oldest, when he was around 3 or so, used to ask people that constantly.  There was one time a lady was talking to my wife (not related, but known as "aunt Pam") and he said, "Aunt Pam.  Aunt Pam.  Aunt Pam.  Aunt Pam.  Aunt Pam" until she finally turned from my wife and said, "What?!"  His reply was, "Um...What doing?"  There was great laughter.

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 02, 2016, 07:38:26 AM
A couple of friends of mine glued a baby carrier to the top of their car and took off into LA traffic on April 1, 1988.

Drink may have been involved.
That is awesome!  I had a friend in high school who had gotten a squirrel hunting, but didn't want to clean it.  So he put a jacket on it from a Winnie the Poo, jammed a cigarette in its mouth, slammed it into the hood so it was sitting up and went out driving.  There were many near accidents as people stared.
This sentence is a lie...