Author Topic: Have you guys seen the newest robots?  (Read 14645 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Have you guys seen the newest robots?
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2018, 03:46:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The problem with the Turing Test is that it really tests language parsing, not actual understanding.  Try typing 'turign tset' into your search engine of choice — it will "know" what you mean without any actual intelligence whatsoever.  I also think it's a better measure of the human capacity for anthropomorphicization than it is for actual machine intelligence.  Also, too much depends on the tester — I knew people who genuinely thought You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was AI.

Basically, Turing underestimated what was calculable.  Since the test was proposed in 1950, six years before FORTRAN and seven years before the first FORTRAN compiler, when all programming was manual machine code, it's an easy oversight to forgive.

Great idea typing 'turign tset'!  Brute force algorithms solve that error.

I bet the best test of an AI is a ridiculous situation.  Like "I carried my boat to the mouse but why was it on Famaram?  Or "why is a mouse when it spins"?  Or "The warp is climbing the poker"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

Re: Have you guys seen the newest robots?
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2018, 09:05:27 AM »
Great idea typing 'turign tset'!  Brute force algorithms solve that error.

I bet the best test of an AI is a ridiculous situation.  Like "I carried my boat to the mouse but why was it on Famaram?  Or "why is a mouse when it spins"?  Or "The warp is climbing the poker"?

You are close to leaving the monastery, Grasshopper.  In Chan/Zen it is called a Koan.  The Asians been doing that for 1500 years now.

What is the sound of one bear clapping?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:08:26 AM by Baruch »
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk