Have you guys seen the newest robots?

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 26, 2016, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Nothing is invented to help or save ordinary people.  These are all gadgets for the nearest 1% mansion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2019, 06:58:20 PM
Nothing is invented to help or save ordinary people.  These are all gadgets for the nearest 1% mansion.

Hmmm, "invented to help or save ordinary people"...  You have a good point there.  Anything useful to people starts at top expensively and SOMETIMES trickles down...  I'm trying to think of things rich people don't need but us poor 90% do.

Postage stamps?  Over-the door shoe Containers?  Garden gnomes?  Ginsu Knives (don't laugh, I like mine)?  Doorbell video cameras?  Bowling ball? Cars that are old but not "classic"?

You know whats's sad about this?  I just realized some people would LOVE to have these things that I'm joking about...

I wanted to make a point. 

Baruch, you mentioned I wasn't good at irony.  Well, my whole life is sort of irony.  But I AM good at self-sarc...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Standing in line for food is too time consuming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_zRwq9c8LY

How long before people just start taking the food out of the 'bot while it's on its way to deliver it?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteCurrent and previous single-legged hopping robots are energetically tethered and lack portability. Here, we present the design and control of an untethered, energetically autonomous single-legged hopping robot. The thrust-producing mechanism of the robot’s leg is an actuated prismatic joint, called a linear elastic actuator in parallel (LEAP). The LEAP mechanism comprises a voice coil actuator in parallel with two compression springs, which gives our robot passive compliance. An actuated gimbal hip joint is realized by two standard servomotors. To control the robot, we adapt Raibert’s hopping controller, and find we can maintain balance roughly in-place for up to approx. 7 seconds (19 hops) while continuously hopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZXmGRCuts
God Not Found

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Someone screwed up, or that would've been designed better.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 22, 2019, 01:22:29 PM
Someone screwed up, or that would've been designed better.

There is no design in the universe, just pseudo-randominess ;-)  The first topping was favorable pseudo-random, but the second topping was not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Military did turn these down as military donkeys ... because they are too loud.  Alerts the enemy to your location.  A robot cat would be much stealthier, until it wiggles is mechanical ass ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.