Have you guys seen the newest robots?

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 26, 2016, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 04:45:20 AM
I can't solve the Rubik's Cube even with internet instructions.   ARGH!

Neither could I.  But my older niece could ... she eventually went into environmental engineering.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The original 3x3x3 cube is passé these days. There's a myriad of cool "twisty" puzzles, a few of which I've had a chance to play with, and most of which are much more difficult than the original:

https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/my-rubiks-cube-collection-custom-twisty-puzzles/

I had an app on my phone before I lost it that had several kinds that could be solved, the easiest of which was the 2x2x2.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2018, 01:53:09 PM
The original 3x3x3 cube is passé these days. There's a myriad of cool "twisty" puzzles, a few of which I've had a chance to play with, and most of which are much more difficult than the original:

https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/my-rubiks-cube-collection-custom-twisty-puzzles/

I had an app on my phone before I lost it that had several kinds that could be solved, the easiest of which was the 2x2x2.
I'm not sure what I should be more scared by -- the number of those listed puzzles I have owned at one time or another, or the fact that there are some I've never owned so I want them now...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 22, 2018, 08:32:01 PM
Robots now serving as Buddhist funeral assistants... mainly because they can be hired a lot more cheaply than a human priest.

I guess the sound of one hand clapping is now a click and a beep.
What is the sound of one digit summing?

Also:  "Spinning a prayer wheel (which can even be done electrically), they believe, will have a similar spiritual effect to reciting the prayer inscribed on it."

Dafuq??  I had no idea this was even a thing.

trdsf

I am irresistably reminded of Douglas Adams' Electric Monk:

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder.  Dishwashers washed tedious dishes for you, thus saving you the bother of washing them yourself, video recorders watched tedious television for you, thus saving you the bother of looking at it yourself; Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.

Unfortunately this Electric Monk had developed a fault, and had started to believe all kinds of things, more or less at random.  It was even beginning to believe things they’d have difficulty believing in Salt Lake City.  It had never heard of Salt Lake City, of course.  Nor had it ever heard of a quingigillion, which was roughly the number of miles between this valley and the Great Salt Lake of Utah.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 22, 2018, 10:27:10 PM
What is the sound of one digit summing?

Also:  "Spinning a prayer wheel (which can even be done electrically), they believe, will have a similar spiritual effect to reciting the prayer inscribed on it."

Dafuq??  I had no idea this was even a thing.

The Amish are falling apart, now that the women have cell phones!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on July 22, 2018, 08:32:01 PM
Robots now serving as Buddhist funeral assistants... mainly because they can be hired a lot more cheaply than a human priest.

I guess the sound of one hand clapping is now a click and a beep.
I notice it says they're planning to introduce the thing, so it remains to be seen if it will turn out to be popular - but this is Japan we're talking about, so it probably will.
God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2018, 02:56:40 PM
I notice it says they're planning to introduce the thing, so it remains to be seen if it will turn out to be popular - but this is Japan we're talking about, so it probably will.
I for one love the idea of having my eulogy delivered by Marvin the Paranoid Android.  :D

"Dearly beloved... no, I can't continue from there, my honesty circuits won't handle the strain.  Resentfully tolerated bipeds, we are gathered today to remind you all that unlike me, you will die eventually and be able to leave this totally unreasonable reality behind.  I, on the other hand, will continue to suffer the pain in all the diodes down my left side for millennia to come...."

Unbeliever

Yeah, Marvin would have the perfect demeanor for such a position! LOL
God Not Found

Hydra009

You guessed it, created entirely by a robot.  There's a whole gallery where that came from.

Magnificent, aren't they?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 23, 2018, 06:16:09 PM

You guessed it, created entirely by a robot.  There's a whole gallery where that came from.

Magnificent, aren't they?
they are better than Bush's paintings.............
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I wonder how long before we have a robot president?
God Not Found