Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2018, 02:49:02 PM
Another origami robot - this one's "ingestible."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Waj08gk7v8

I couldn't swallow either with a whole glass of milk...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

If those would crawl out of the chests of politicians like the baby in Alien .. I would make it a requirement for election.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I think it more likely the politicians would be the ones crawling out of someone's innards.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2018, 06:55:23 PM
I think it more likely the politicians would be the ones crawling out of someone's innards.

Well, they have to come from SOMEWHERE, right?  There aren't enough unturned stones to explain it...

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2018, 07:16:05 PM
Monsters from the Id...

RFID from the gut.  They already have an RFID you can swallow, and it stays and resists the gut conditions.  You may already have one ... whahah.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Need a hug? Soon you'll have a robot to hug all you want:

QuoteConveying physical emotions through a phone call or email is difficult, but researchers from Japan’s Osaka University have developed a robot that they think can do just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2dboklZ8A

I don't know...seems pretty creepy to me.

QuoteAt the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction (HRI) earlier this year, the Haptic Intelligence Department at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Stuttgart, Germany, presented a paper on “Emotionally Supporting Humans Through Robot Hugs.” Their work explores how robots can be more effectively designed and taught to give the kinds of hugs that humans will love.

The research presented at HRI is an attempt to figure some of this out, by conducting a study where participants hugged a specially modified PR2 named HuggieBot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIPeUA3axg

QuoteWorld's first talking sex robot is ready for her close-up

Come January, the “Westworld” concept of lifelike sex robots will get one step closer. That’s when a San Marcos company will unveil Harmony, an anatomically correct sex doll with a patented animatronic talking head with programmable personality and memory.

News of creator Matt McMullen’s latest invention â€" he’s been making lifelike silicone sex dolls for 20 years â€" has created international media interest and a firestorm of criticism from ethicists and futurists who see a dark side to a sex doll that becomes more “human” with each technological innovation.

One critic worries that the doll’s artificial intelligence app could be hacked to make it kill its owner (like the vengeance meted out by sex robots in the film “Ex Machina” and TV show “Westworld”). And women’s advocates say owners could realistically rehearse plans for violent sexual acts with the interactive dolls.

“This is not designed to replace anyone or promote the objectification of women. Robots don’t have rights,” he said. “Should my toaster be able to refuse to toast my bread? Should my Tesla be able to refuse to drive me to work every morning?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMbc3Giteo
God Not Found

Baruch

See the play RUR ... where the word "robot" comes from.  Robots are created to benefit capitalists, who want slavery without guilt, until Marxist AI catches up to them.

Some people like to dress up like dolls, because it turns them on.  More people probably want a very expensive but free to them fuck toy.  This isn't Darwin at work, it isn't Darwin to waste your seed in a machine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Rule 1.  An intelligent robot should not look human.
Rule 2.  A human-looking robot should be limited in function. 
Ruke 3.  If either the above rules are breached, humans are doomed.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 16, 2018, 04:58:59 AM
Rule 1.  An intelligent robot should not look human.
Rule 2.  A human-looking robot should be limited in function. 
Ruke 3.  If either the above rules are breached, humans are doomed.

In the TV show Red Dwarf, there is an episode where the extinction of humanity is explained.  It was because of a very successful VR video game that was to enticing for the human psyche ... people started playing and simply couldn't stop, and they died from starvation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

QuoteSophia the robot has become a cultural icon. Sophia's creators from Hanson Robotics say they didn't expect it to take off as much as it did. But now, it's raising questions about just how much thought goes into the potential negative consequences of developing AI.

The animatronic robot has made its way across late night stages, graced the cover of magazines, headlined major tech conferences and even delivered a speech to the United Nations.

Sophia been touted as the future of AI, but it may be more of a social experiment masquerading as a PR stunt.

To understand Sophia, it's important to understand its creator, David Hanson. He's the founder and CEO of Hanson Robotics, but he hasn't always been a major figure in the AI world.

Hanson actually got a BFA in film. He worked for Walt Disney as an "Imagineer," creating sculptures and robotic technologies for theme parks and then getting his Ph.D. in aesthetic studies. Back in 2005, he co-wrote a research paper that laid out his vision for the future of robotics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnCQC7bLs0
God Not Found