Have you guys seen the newest robots?

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 26, 2016, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

QuoteA nonprofit organization in San Fransisco started using “bot cops” to disperse homeless people near their property. Cenk Uygur, Ana Kasparian and Aida Rodriguez, the hosts of The Young Turks, break it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyqiTW_ipyU
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Robot taunt ... Your mama was a Tamagotchi!

San Fran robots ... yes, technology is always applied by humans to evil agendas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Wondering when the first house-powered drone-tracking lasers will be available to kill annoying drones for civilians..
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 19, 2018, 01:09:24 AM
Wondering when the first house-powered drone-tracking lasers will be available to kill annoying drones for civilians..

Hate Amazon that much?  Didn't they recently get a license for air-delivery?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Let's hope Amazon can do better than the Russian postal service at delivery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydANBIlZPqw
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 19, 2018, 01:40:53 PM
Let's hope Amazon can do better than the Russian postal service at delivery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydANBIlZPqw

They got the Chinese method wrong .. first let the Americans perfect the technology, then steal it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

Dog cam helps pave the way for robot dogs

You want to know the saddest thing I ever saw?

When I was a boy, my brother and I wanted a dog, so our father took in an old greyhound. A greyhound is a racing dog. Spends its life running in circles, chasing a bit of felt made up like a rabbit.

One day, we took it to the park. Our dad had warned us how fast that dog was, but... we couldn't resist. So, my brother took off the leash, and in that instant, the dog spotted a cat. I imagine it must have looked just like that piece of felt. He ran. Never saw a thing as beautiful as that old dog... running.

Until, at last, he finally caught it. And to the horror of everyone, he killed that little cat. Tore it to pieces. Then he just sat there, confused. That dog had spent its whole life trying to catch that... thing. Now it had no idea what to do.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Or just gullible stupid humans ... like with Eliza.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 19, 2018, 07:58:15 PM
Dog cam helps pave the way for robot dogs

You want to know the saddest thing I ever saw?

When I was a boy, my brother and I wanted a dog, so our father took in an old greyhound. A greyhound is a racing dog. Spends its life running in circles, chasing a bit of felt made up like a rabbit.

One day, we took it to the park. Our dad had warned us how fast that dog was, but... we couldn't resist. So, my brother took off the leash, and in that instant, the dog spotted a cat. I imagine it must have looked just like that piece of felt. He ran. Never saw a thing as beautiful as that old dog... running.

Until, at last, he finally caught it. And to the horror of everyone, he killed that little cat. Tore it to pieces. Then he just sat there, confused. That dog had spent its whole life trying to catch that... thing. Now it had no idea what to do.

I would have killed that dog immediately and without hesitation.  Someone loved that cat.  Pets that kill other pets do not fit in society.  Any one or anything that kills one of my cats is dead on sight.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Some people believe that robots are frightening and claim that the rise of the machines is not far off and soon we will all be enslaved by artificial intelligence. Others, on the other hand, think that these high-tech mechanisms are incredibly cool and will certainly help humanity in the future. For example, they'll start breeding xenomorphs... oooh, this is a bad example. In any case, watching robots is always exciting, no matter exactly what these intelligent machines are all about. Let's enjoy them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbs5vaXrYM

Some of these are things everyone will have in the future, I expect.
God Not Found

Baruch

I am sure the EU will punish those who torture innocent mouse robots.  I hear they plan on giving legal rights to robots and AIs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It'll give the robot cats something to hunt during their leisure time.
God Not Found