Have you guys seen the newest robots?

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 26, 2016, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Here are some pretty cool robots based on animals, some of which we've seen others, maybe not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueQTDtR_K9U
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

The future never arrives.  And if it did, you can't afford a sexy android anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2018, 07:19:56 AM
Originally, in Aug 45, the Japanese planned to explode a radiological weapon (radioisotope pollution) over San Francisco.  Had they done so, San Francisco would still be uninhabitable.  Fortunately the super-sub carrying the radioisotopes from Germany to Japan was sunk in the Atlantic earlier in 1945.  And the Japanese did have nuclear weapon research, they had a partial nuclear reactor in Korea, as the Germans did in S Germany.  Both reactors could have been used more easily to generate radioisotopes than to build a bomb.

Strange, but had nukes not be available, having to bayonet every Japanese civilian to exterminate them ... would have been worse for everyone involved.  And it would have come down to that, given Japanese culture.  People forget how amazing it was that Germany surrendered at all.  Yes, they waited too long, but ... farfegnugen.  The Italians were the smartest, surrendered as soon as they could.

I might have come down to that.  But Japan was never near using any atomic weapon at any point.  That German sub didn't have anything but basic radioactivity and the Japanese had insufficient experimental labs.  It was, fortunately, a doomed try.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 02:01:11 AM
I might have come down to that.  But Japan was never near using any atomic weapon at any point.  That German sub didn't have anything but basic radioactivity and the Japanese had insufficient experimental labs.  It was, fortunately, a doomed try.

They were going to use a super-sub with a contained aircraft (they had those), which would surface not far from San Francisco.  The plane would carry one large bomb, filled with radioisotopes.  The Japanese (and everyone else) are not innocent.  And certainly Hitler with long range aircraft or long range missiles would have done the same to NYC.  I am glad we killed their regimes, sad that involves killing people.  Better dead than Red, or Axis.

There was a plot, out of Canada, during the current Terror War ... to do a radiological weapon.  Nukes aren't the only thing that is nasty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2018, 05:39:40 AM
They were going to use a super-sub with a contained aircraft (they had those), which would surface not far from San Francisco.  The plane would carry one large bomb, filled with radioisotopes.  The Japanese (and everyone else) are not innocent.  And certainly Hitler with long range aircraft or long range missiles would have done the same to NYC.  I am glad we killed their regimes, sad that involves killing people.  Better dead than Red, or Axis.

There was a plot, out of Canada, during the current Terror War ... to do a radiological weapon.  Nukes aren't the only thing that is nasty.

Madmen often have delusions about technology.  Fortunately, they usually base it on insufficient support and development systems.  A vicious idea developed to 90% is still nothing.

But maybe we should use those hidden laser cannons we have hidden on the moon to bore through the N Korean nuclear control sites soon...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2018, 03:46:42 AM
Madmen often have delusions about technology.  Fortunately, they usually base it on insufficient support and development systems.  A vicious idea developed to 90% is still nothing.

But maybe we should use those hidden laser cannons we have hidden on the moon to bore through the N Korean nuclear control sites soon...

Real plots by real people ... or your answer ... Iron Sky I?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 18, 2018, 08:40:07 PM
Real plots by real people ... or your answer ... Iron Sky I?

Trump seems sufficient as a real threat...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 03:17:25 AM
Trump seems sufficient as a real threat...

Obsessed?  Did you feel this bad when George W chocked on a pretzel?  Or were you rooting for the pretzel?

The President is a controlled asset of the Deep State since 1963, as I previously pointed out.  All the crazy shit is coming out of CIA (LSD) HQ.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
Obsessed?  Did you feel this bad when George W chocked on a pretzel?  Or were you rooting for the pretzel?

The President is a controlled asset of the Deep State since 1963, as I previously pointed out.  All the crazy shit is coming out of CIA (LSD) HQ.

I don't recall "The Pretzel Incident", and I swear I was no where near there at the time.  I was fishing.    Yeah, that it, I was fishing.

But which Bush did you mean?  The idiot who declared on the record that he didn't consider "athiests" to be "citizens", or the son who couldn't form a complete sentence without help?  Neither is a great choice.

I put up with a lot from you, and I try to be civil in reply (usually).  But when you go off into "Deep State" and CIA crap, you are on Mars along with those Fox News nuts.

Spare us your "Deep Crazy".

Not that you will...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

I'm still rooting for the pretzel!!  And send Trump a truckload of the stuff.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 08:36:22 AM
I don't recall "The Pretzel Incident", and I swear I was no where near there at the time.  I was fishing.    Yeah, that it, I was fishing.

But which Bush did you mean?  The idiot who declared on the record that he didn't consider "athiests" to be "citizens", or the son who couldn't form a complete sentence without help?  Neither is a great choice.

I put up with a lot from you, and I try to be civil in reply (usually).  But when you go off into "Deep State" and CIA crap, you are on Mars along with those Fox News nuts.

Spare us your "Deep Crazy".

Not that you will...

So ... it was OK for Allen Dulles to be in charge of the Warren Commission investigation?  Didn't think so.

George W ... choked (sp) on a pretzel.  One of your near-misses of US history.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Would YOU turn your loved one into a robot clone? Swedish scientists are using AI to build androids that are 'fully conscious copies' of dead relatives, report claims

QuoteScientists are looking for volunteers to offer up their dead relatives for the study
They would build realistic robot clones based on deceased family and friends
Using artificial intelligence, the scientists can reconstruct the voices of the dead
Experts have previously detailed how we may be able to preserve our dead family members in the future, perhaps by uploading their minds to machines

Lucky for me I have no dead (or live) relatives to turn into robots - or to turn me into a robot. It seem pretty spooky to me. But hey, different strokes, and all that!

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2018, 04:32:42 PM
Would YOU turn your loved one into a robot clone? Swedish scientists are using AI to build androids that are 'fully conscious copies' of dead relatives, report claims

Lucky for me I have no dead (or live) relatives to turn into robots - or to turn me into a robot. It seem pretty spooky to me. But hey, different strokes, and all that!

One guy had his wife put into her wedding dress after she died.  Put her in a big block of clear plastic, and set her up in the living room.

Sorry, if you are a robot, you aren't alive anymore.  A cyborg, then you would still be alive, at least the biological part of the cyborg.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.