Have you guys seen the newest robots?

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 26, 2016, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Need to make a lot of pizza pies? This robot can make 300 per hour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ3D78L6_bQ
God Not Found

Baruch

Traditionally thugs who failed to pay their Mafia dues, ended up as the pepperoni.  Are their "hit" robots to go get the pepperoni?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Coming soon to a pizza parlor near you.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 04, 2019, 07:15:39 PM
Coming soon to a pizza parlor near you.

Remember to check for the pistol hidden in the men's room.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgwYwAGS0c

Misogyny much? Apparently women will soon be replaced by robots! We have no flying cars clogging the airways, but who needs them when you've got lots of robots? How many robots can a guy have? They don't get jealous, they don't get headaches, they don't vote Republican...or Democrat! What could possibly go wrong?

Too bad we can't have robot children, too!

:-P

God Not Found

Baruch

The feeling is mutual.  But women are more simplistic.  Bad news for ICELS ... the only part of you a modern woman values, other than your bank account ... is your dong.  And women have been using artificial dongs for millennia already.

Unbeliever ... but I thought that anatomically correct fembots were .. exciting .. for you.  I wouldn't accuse you of being misogynist or ... shudder ... un-woke!

Robot children?  Already had it ... Stepford Children, the misbegotten spinoff of the original Stepford Wives (and first remake).  The Nicole Kidman remake came more recently to the cinema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh9yM00r9JQ

This worked for both neo-Cons (R) and neo-Libs (D).  Both primary political memes are interested mostly in power, and enslavement.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteIn a dystopian world a new form of A.I. weaponry has been created. All these drone bots need is a profile: age, sex, fitness, uniform, and ethnicity. Nuclear is obsolete. Take out your entire enemy virtually risk free. Just characterize him, release the swarm, and rest easy.

The 7 minute film opens with a Silicon Valley CEO-type delivering a product presentation to a live audience a la Steve Jobs. The presentation seems innocuous enough at firstâ€"the presenter seems to be unveiling some new drone technologyâ€"but takes a dark turn when he demonstrates how these autonomous drones can slaughter humans like cattle by delivering “a shaped explosive” to the skull.The audience eats it up, clapping and laughing along with the CEO as if they hadn’t witnessed anything more dangerous than the unveiling of the iPhone X. The CEO goes further, showing videos of the tiny killer drone in action. “Let’s watch what happens when the weapons make the decisions,” the CEO says, as the bot executes a number of people on the massive screen behind him. “Now trust me, these are all bad guys.” What follows is a deeply unsettling portrait of a dystopian world where these small weaponised drones use their onboard technologiesâ€"“cameras like you use for your social media apps, facial recognition like you have on your phones!”â€"to make autonomous decisions about who lives and who dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU
God Not Found

Unbeliever

QuoteReinforcement learning is a machine learning technique that mimics how organic live has evolved over millions of years.  Researchers at OpenAI have used this method to determine if AI can learn playing itself in hide and seek with one objective: to win the game.   

After hundreds of millions of simulations, several predictable strategies were observed, but there were also a handful of odd, unpredictable tactics used.  Some methods used by the AI even bent the rules of the in-game physics engine in a way the researchers didn't know was possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6nF9WfpPrA
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 01:38:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgwYwAGS0c

Misogyny much? Apparently women will soon be replaced by robots! We have no flying cars clogging the airways, but who needs them when you've got lots of robots? How many robots can a guy have? They don't get jealous, they don't get headaches, they don't vote Republican...or Democrat! What could possibly go wrong?

Too bad we can't have robot children, too!

:-P

That reminds me the old movie Cherry 2000. Remember that? The funny thing is they thought to make one about male robots much later, but the story was about the robot going homicidally protective and possessive about the woman -a writer- who bought him. Go figure.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

INCEL culture is fatal to women in general, and feminism in particular.  There is no real Themyscira where free women can live.  Men have one-track minds that can work for you, or against you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Those 34 million unattached (and unattachable) guys in China now have some hope of "companionship," I guess.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 21, 2019, 01:13:10 PM
Those 34 million unattached (and unattachable) guys in China now have some hope of "companionship," I guess.

As organ donors ... if they are Falung Gong.
I haven't had mutual lovemaking for 16 years.  My hand works just fine.  No AI software required.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQm3cgwGrc

You know, Blade Runner was set in November, 2019. Are we living in the Age of Replicants?
God Not Found