News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Am NOT Black, You are NOT White

Started by Shiranu, April 28, 2016, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Whut.

Edit. The video didn't show up when I was on my phone.

-Sent from your mom

That said... I still can't respect someone for driving a prius.

Baruch

Right.  But don't tell the materialists.  To them, you are just a body, only a body.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a good message, but hardly a new one.  The same message has been around for a very long time. Some get it, some don't. You absolutely won't hear it as the keynote address at the RNC..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Yes, we must pacify the Eloi ... so us Morlocks can get a tender meal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on April 28, 2016, 07:12:33 PM
Right.  But don't tell the materialists.  To them, you are just a body, only a body.
That's half-correct. Identifying - or at least agreeing with a lot of the label - as a materialist, I think that we muddle the waters with separating body and mind/brain into a duality.

In the video it likens the body to a car, that we're "driving" the body, like a car. Well, I think we can't be said to "drive" anything, not even our brains. We ARE our brains, in that, that our bodies are merely extensions of our brains.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 01, 2016, 08:23:38 AM
That's half-correct. Identifying - or at least agreeing with a lot of the label - as a materialist, I think that we muddle the waters with separating body and mind/brain into a duality.

In the video it likens the body to a car, that we're "driving" the body, like a car. Well, I think we can't be said to "drive" anything, not even our brains. We ARE our brains, in that, that our bodies are merely extensions of our brains.

Meat-ware ... it's what's for supper.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.