News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Coin Collecting Thread.

Started by AkiraTheFighter, April 17, 2016, 08:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AkiraTheFighter

So here's some coins from my coin collection:

- The 3 Largest in my collection. Don't know were the 1st is from but the rest is from Trinbago.

- 3 Generations of Trinbago Pennies.

- The Oldest American Coin In My Collection. It's a 1906 Barber Quarter.

Gawdzilla Sama

A friend of mine used to collect coins. Took years of therapy before he stopped believing he was a parking meter.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AkiraTheFighter

^Are you sure that wasn't just a parking meter and you're the one that needs the therapy?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 17, 2016, 08:36:23 PM
^Are you sure that wasn't just a parking meter and you're the one that needs the therapy?
I checked with the voices and they said I was right. I always agree with them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

When I was a boy my grandmother gave me a set of coins in an old tin and told me that someday they would be worth an "awful lot" and to "be careful with them, don't let anybody get them from you"……so I buried them……somewhere…..out there…..some  *sob* where *sob*
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AkiraTheFighter

^Welp, grab a shovel.

My Maryland Quarter:

My Montana Quarter (This is one of my fave coins cuz of the Bull Skull):

My Georgia Quarter:

I have 30 + something out of the 50 states.

Mr.Obvious

I have a small chest full of currency from foreign nations, both bygone and currently still used.
Wouldn't call myself a real collecter, though once in a blue moon I'll buy a coin I like and ask to buy  the money my friends and family have left from their vacations. But it is nice to look at that, slowly growing, chest once in a while.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

A nice quiet hobby, like stamp collecting.  People who don't collect, don't get it.  I could imagine collecting cars, but where to put them?  My collection is a stimulus to my imagination.  Life gets in the way of enjoying anything though, and life trumps hobbies ... though certainly other folks hobbies in other strings ... are nice activities too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 19, 2016, 06:13:47 AM
I have a small chest full of currency from foreign nations, both bygone and currently still used.
Wouldn't call myself a real collecter, though once in a blue moon I'll buy a coin I like and ask to buy  the money my friends and family have left from their vacations. But it is nice to look at that, slowly growing, chest once in a while.

I rarely collect. Most of the stuff I have is either given to me by relatives or when i visited America or looked around my house. The only time I collect these days is when my county releases a special note or coin. Still I wouldn't mind it if one day I can go in America or the UK and do what those guys do on Diggers. But unfortunately that'll involve talking to people.

BTW post some pics of them. You know you want to.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 18, 2016, 07:43:07 PM

My Montana Quarter (This is one of my fave coins cuz of the Bull Skull):
That's a buffalo skull, and females have horns in that species.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Actually a Bison
http://www.livescience.com/32115-bison-vs-buffalo-whats-the-difference.html

QuoteEarly American settlers called bison “bufello” due to the similar appearance between the two animals, and the name "buffalo" stuck for the American variety. But it's wrong.

The American bison (Bison bison) lives only in North America, while the two main buffalo species reside in Africa and Asia. A small population of bison relatives called the European bison (Bison bonasus) lives in isolated parts of Poland.

Like buffalo, bison belong to the Bovidae family, which includes more than 100 species of hoofed mammals, called ungulates â€" buffalo, bison, antelopes, gazelles, cattle, sheep and goats. Two main buffalo species exist: African cape buffalo and Asian water buffalo.

If you were to stand eye-to-eye with a buffalo species and a bison â€" and neither killed mowed you down â€" you’d notice stark physical differences. Unlike any buffalo species, the American bison sports a large shoulder hump and a massive head, which gives this symbol of the West its burly appearance.

Bison have a shoulder hump and a massive head versus a buffalo. I have been close enough to a Bison to pet one. they are now raised for meat.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on April 19, 2016, 11:44:05 AM
Actually a Bison
bison-vs-buffalo-whats-the-difference.html

Bison have a shoulder hump and a massive head versus a buffalo. I have been close enough to a Bison to pet one. they are now raised for meat.
I've called them buffalo since 1956. ;)
PZ Myers

stromboli

Everybody else does too. I'm just on a superiority jag this morning.

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 19, 2016, 11:55:46 AM
My collection

Awesome collection. The Guy on the 5 mill note looks like a rapist though. XD I want that chest so bad. _D: