Is your bullshit detector going off too?

Started by Brian37, March 26, 2013, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

surly74

oh it's going off. if you read the comments someone said that "others" live past 200 years old.

It's India. what do you expect.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Sal1981

Quote from: "surly74"oh it's going off. if you read the comments someone said that "others" live past 200 years old.

I expect better education and science literacy.

surly74

Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "surly74"oh it's going off. if you read the comments someone said that "others" live past 200 years old.

I expect better education and science literacy.

from India? good luck.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Brian37

I think the brain freeze from the Slurpees have gone to his head and Apu is in full facepalm as we speak.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

WitchSabrina

yep--- bullshit.  Just bullshit.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

what wikipedia has to say
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahlad_Ja ... stigations

It has been established that certain yoga masters and what not have amazing capabilities in controlling their bodies. but based on the wikipedia article, I'd say its mostly bullshit.

Brian37

This still is bullshit and even Harris falls for Buddhist woo. Not knowing how someone pulls something off does not mean anything but the person knows how they are getting away with the trick and you don't.

Navy Seals are also trained to get their bodies to endure extremes, but no one assigns that to religious bullshit.

Yoga and Buddhism are still superstitious bullshit. Human endurance is still biological not woo or magical.

widdershins

There have been two studies done on him, both by the same doctor, neither published in any scientific journal, no independent confirmation.  If this isn't a hoax then Ketchum really has Bigfoot DNA.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

I say study him a full year with zero food nor water anf the autopsy will reveal severe malnutrition as cause of death 11 months prior..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

widdershins

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I say study him a full year with zero food nor water anf the autopsy will reveal severe malnutrition as cause of death 11 months prior..
I'm not really a gambling man.  I played the lottery once.  I lost.  But I would still be willing to bet cause of death would be dehydration, not malnutrition.
This sentence is a lie...

Thumpalumpacus

Wait, so he might be faking it, is that what y'all are saying?
<insert witty aphorism here>

hillbillyatheist

LOL lock this joker in a room with no food for a couple months and see if he's still alive.  
then we'll talk
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

the_antithesis

Quote from: "stromboli"It has been established that certain yoga masters and what not have amazing capabilities in controlling their bodies.

Me too! I can make my hand raise just by thinking of it! And when I need to take a massive leak, I can hold it almost indefinitely when I do a little dance.

Hydra009

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "stromboli"It has been established that certain yoga masters and what not have amazing capabilities in controlling their bodies.
Me too! I can make my hand raise just by thinking of it! And when I need to take a massive leak, I can hold it almost indefinitely when I do a little dance.
I can spontaneously heal from healable injuries and intercept photons of light and use them to generate a mental image of my surroundings.  I can melt ice in the palm of my hand.  I'm also mildly radioactive.