A Venn Diagram of how to rate man's worth.

Started by dtq123, April 15, 2016, 11:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

Eureka?

Couple of notes:

The Star is obviously the best place to be. Who doesn't want to be a star?

The value of a person is marked by how many circles they are in. 1 = Least valuable. 3 = Most valuable.

This is a start, not a conclusion. I will keep making charts to better match my ideas as needed. But I need to start somewhere in order to keep, modify, or remove ideas.

Notes:

Self Fulfullment is changed to Contentment/Happiness.

Rank C Value:
Slave: No happiness with life, nor are they competent in their work. A "Slave to society" would be a good metaphor.
Clown: You are really good at what you do, it's just that you don't feel happy when you do. You also are most likely a person with eccentric skills since by definition you are not productive to society. "Look what I can do!"
Hermit: You're happy with your life, but that's about it. You suck at stuff and you don't help people much. "I don't care"

Rank B Value:
Machine: You're competent and you help people, but you aren't feeling Content, you need to do more and more to try to fill the void in you. "Input => Output" Mechanism would seem like what they live by, since they don't worry about nuance when they need to help the people.
Dealer: This one was a "Creative" one, it means that you enjoy what you do and you're really good at it. You're like a card Dealer because you actually aren't helping society much, but otherwise you're a good person.
Servant: You enjoy being a slave to society. Which means you aren't a slave, since slaves are forced to do work. You choose to do it, but that doesn't mean you're good at it.

Rank A Value:
Star: You're basically a person everyone wants. You're happy, competent, and help people move along with life. My ideal.

I think after a bit of thought you'll get what I was trying to say.

What do you think?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

AllPurposeAtheist

None of it is how I measure a man's worth..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

The value of a person.  How does one measure that?  It seems to be a very subjective thing.  What I value may be valueless to the next guy.  I think you are trying to objectify something that is subjective.  It is like beauty--it's in the eye of the beholder.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

This is bullshit. I'm a hermit and I have not really any self fulfillment other than completing a degree.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 16, 2016, 12:19:40 AM
This is bullshit. I'm a hermit and I have not really any self fulfillment other than completing a degree.

Self fulfillment only comes after you enter the nursing home, and a guy named Bob, gives a sponge bath to your shriveled up winky.

I will say that being married and raising kids is self-fulfilling ... just not your self ... her self and their selves.  Still worthwhile, otherwise stay a hermit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

All three groups have "star" in common, and all three groups share the exact same amount of star.  Is this what you are trying to convey?  Given that I have studied the chart using my relatively short forum attention span, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

dtq123

This is a response for everyone, but I'm using just one quote because this post box isn't allowing more than one quote.

*Will edit post to explain each Archetype*

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 15, 2016, 11:36:47 PM
None of it is how I measure a man's worth..

@APA
I think that's the point. I want to know your opinions on the matter so that I can change my opinions according to arguments that make sense

@Mike Cl
I'm willing to disagree with you on this point. Just as we know the Mona Lisa is art, while a simple rock on the side of the road is not; We have a general agreement in society that a competent, happy, and productive life is the best way to live. From that we can conclude that people have a certain value that can be measured by how well they balance the previous categories.

@Draconic
I would then say that you are not in the "Hermit" Category. A "Hermit" is a person who is content with being an unproductive, incompetent person. I will explain what each category/archetype means in another post. It was probably wrong of me to say "Self-Fulfilling," I think "Contentment" or the happiness with your own life is what I meant.

@Baruch
But why stay a hermit? Sure you enjoy life, but at the cost societal productivity and personal potential.

@SGOS
Somewhat to that idea. In order to be a good "Star" Archetype, you have to balance all three of the categories. For instance, if you lead too heavily on Contentment and Competency, you become a "Dealer"

*Will edit post to explain each Archetype*

A dark cloud looms over.
What is this, "Justice?"

Mike Cl

Quote from: dtq123 on April 16, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

@Mike Cl
I'm willing to disagree with you on this point. Just as we know the Mona Lisa is art, while a simple rock on the side of the road is not; We have a general agreement in society that a competent, happy, and productive life is the best way to live. From that we can conclude that people have a certain value that can be measured by how well they balance the previous categories.

I think we are approaching this from two different vantage points.  You are using societal norms for your assessments.  If you think those assessments are good or healthy for a group as a whole, I'll sort of go along with that.  But  I am approaching this from a purely individual point of view.  While we may live in the same general group or society, that does not mean we match the norms--or want to.  What you value and what I value may differ wildly.  For example, I see the works of Picasso as pure crap and not art.  Or maybe, poorly done art.  A rock on the side of a road my be art, and good art, if a good photo were taken of it, with the proper lighting and angles taken into account.  In any case, it is better art than Picasso can do.  My point being that what a societal norm considers as a good value may be not the case for an individual.  I can understand a hermit that breaks most of those norms who could be perfectly content and happy being a hermit.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

DTQ123 - you nailed me!  Problem is ... real life trumps archetypes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

I don't have a clue what your attempt at this is supposed to mean. Really, this tells me nothing. You have probably done a nice job in your mind of seeing how this makes sense, but to me at least, this may as well be a garden vegetable layout.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Hijiri Byakuren

How to measure a man's worth? I guess them womenfolk just don't matter. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

dtq123

Ignoring the comments of people who don't want a serious discussion... (I mean man as in "people," it's a bad habit, I know. It was besides the point though.)

(Now I can't even quote stuff for some reason)

@Mike Cl & Aitm:
Note that this is also my personal moral way of measuring the worth of my peers. I measure the worth of a person by the following traits:
+ How Happy/Content with life they are.
+ How Competent at what they do they are.
+ How much do they contribute to Society.

@Baruch:
Oh? I know that. This is my best tool though when I need to make judgements of character. Any other complaints?
A dark cloud looms over.
What is this, "Justice?"