Why the Term “Moderate Muslim” is an Oxymoron

Started by pr126, April 15, 2016, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I want my race, ethnicity and nationality to bugger all others ... why are you so butt-hurt over that ;-)  Stop being modern and moderate ... embrace the barbarity which is humanity ... go rob, rape and kill ... or dry trying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

jakeeey

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 25, 2016, 01:29:09 AM
Can a muslim who believes in death for apostasy or death for homosexuals be considered moderate or does the term moderate muslim only apply to those who aren't suicidal and homicidal?

Likewise, can a muslim family who believes they control their daughter to the point of ordering her to marry and reproduce with a first-cousin, and then subsequently threaten to have her non-muslim boyfriend killed for allowing her to come and live with him be called moderate?

I don't think so, but this is indeed the typical muslim family where I live!  In my world that's extremist and far more extreme than I've ever heard of from any other religion.

J :/

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Fickle

@jakeeey
QuoteLikewise, can a muslim family who believes they control their daughter to the point of ordering her to marry and reproduce with a first-cousin, and then subsequently threaten to have her non-muslim boyfriend killed for allowing her to come and live with him be called moderate?

In psychology the qualities which generally separate a normal well balance person from a psychopath are empathy for others and self awareness or critical thinking. Obviously your examples fail the litmus test in this respect and these people regardless of race, creed, color or religion should be considered as having severe mental disorders.

One cannot justify psychotic behavior simply because they consider it normal or it is part of their religion or beliefs or lifestyle... that's not the way it works.  The context is universal and if a person lacks empathy for others and self awareness of what they think and how it effects themselves and others then they have a mental disorder... period.

It is unfortunate that even in this day and age a majority of the people on this planet still suffer from mental illness, in fact they consider it normal when it is anything but normal. So no the people you refer to cannot be considered as moderate but more so fanatic and psychotic.

pr126

QuoteIt is unfortunate that even in this day and age a majority of the people on this planet still suffer from mental illness, in fact they consider it normal when it is anything but normal. So no the people you refer to cannot be considered as moderate but more so fanatic and psychotic.
Islam teaches / inculcates psychosis from infancy.

It teaches that non-Muslims are subhuman, worthless, can be and should be fought, plundered, enslaved, raped, abused.

Islam does not teach empathy or compassion.
There is no golden rule.

Islam owes its success to terrorism.  The prophet of Islam boasted, “I have been made victorious with terror"  [Bukhari: 4.52. 220] 

Since the day Muhammad set foot in Medina, he started his
campaign of terror.  His followers have been doing the same ever since.   

Blackleaf

Quote from: Fickle on July 26, 2016, 06:55:49 PM
@jakeeeyOne cannot justify psychotic behavior simply because they consider it normal or it is part of their religion or beliefs or lifestyle... that's not the way it works.  The context is universal and if a person lacks empathy for others and self awareness of what they think and how it effects themselves and others then they have a mental disorder... period.

Actually, the DSM often specifies that religion and cultural norms should be taken into account when considering diagnoses. Whether or not that should be the case, though, is up for debate.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--