Virgins-------Raisons-------------What's the Diff?

Started by Flanker1Six, May 23, 2016, 02:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

I saw this while watching FZ GPS on CNN yesterday; goes right to the heart of hanging a superstition (aka religion) on some shit "some guy" claimed to have gotten directly from the Dog centuries ago.  Which was subsequently subjected to uncountable rewrites, edits, and translations.............all of which are at the mercy of writer bias, motive, agenda, and plain old error in retelling a pre-exisiting story.

I can't direct link to the video; it's the 58 second one titled virgins or raisons.   Laughed my ass off! 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/08/opinions/why-they-hate-us-zakaria/index.html

Baruch

Yes, Qutb was a backward mess.  Not much excuse in the 20th century.  Of course there were people in America back then, not foreign students, who thought that Rock & Roll was devil worship too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Seventy-two virgins would be a punishment, not a blessing.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Seriously. Didn't anyone ever date a virgin? All the hassle, none of the fun.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Johan on July 24, 2016, 11:00:20 AM
Seriously. Didn't anyone ever date a virgin? All the hassle, none of the fun.
Like an 8th Grad Prom.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

I don't know about you guys, but seventy-two large-breasted, untouched raisins with beautiful eyes sounds amazing. The Muslims really know how to paint a beautiful picture of the afterlife. Now, if only they could talk Allah into throwing in some big bootied watermelons, I'd be all in.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

jakeeey

Get busy living or get busy dying.