Challenging everyone! Believers and Non! This old man's plea for change!

Started by Outren, February 21, 2016, 08:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

The best a person can do is to gently guide a person away from ignorance and stupidity, if that fails brutal honesty is all that is left. Stupid is stupid. I need not apologize for pointing that out. Your request has been the gold standard for thousands of years and yet in the end, people ignore that because they follow the masses who they agree with. You cannot run from the masses when it is dangerous to do so.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

mauricio

To me the question of god is not about spirituality. But rather about epistemology. My knownledge is only provisional subject to constant change as I ingest new information. So far i have not been convinced of the existence of any fundamentally different substance to your everyday matter. For spirituality i got existentialism, art and 1p-lsd.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: AllRight on February 21, 2016, 09:31:57 AM
I agree with you that religion is a coping mechanism for death. Also it is used to control people.

Whats wrong with controlling people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 12:12:35 AM
Whats wrong with controlling people?
The golden rule is part of secular philosophy.

I made a post awhile back about how secular philosophy works. You can dig through my "likes" if you want to find it. I'm not going to waste time re-explaining it to someone who clearly came here with an agenda, though.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

I've stopped caring what people believe or don't believe. After all, roughly half of all while men believe the Trumpster Fire is going to save democracy from the evil clutches of *gasp* "that woman"!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

" One constantly blaming the other for failing to have 'proof' or failing to meet some requirement and thus you become confused, frustration and its a constant struggle to lay claim to whose right and wrong. I'm sure I speak truth, and I say to you to hope yo quell your hearts only if momentarily to hear an old fools ramblings, but do you know of yin and yang? "

Thats a preacher talking.

I sure don't need THIS YAHOO...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!