Main Menu

Yahoo Bible Quiz

Started by dawiw, March 26, 2013, 01:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawiw

Got 14 out of 18.

http://tv.yahoo.com/quizzes/the-bible/

Darn it.

Give it a try, chances are you will have a perfect score if you know your Bible.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

AllPurposeAtheist

Did all evil come from a woman who liked fresh fruit?
Yes.

That's all you need to know about human nature..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GurrenLagann

16/18. ;)

But the serpent was never said to be Lucifer. That's an interpolation by Christians to disguise the fact that God would have had to have created the, er, talking snake that deceived Eve, not that blaiming Satan actually does anything to that charge, but still.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Valigarmander

Teaspoon Shallow

16 / 18

Could not remember Amos nor the amount of silver. #-o

How many commandments were given to Abraham? 20........dick head stuffed the first lot. :-$

Plu

11/18, but then this really seemed to be hammering on details.

Sal1981

Rin Hato

Not bad I suppose. Plu I right, it did get pretty specific.
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

16,missed,"roll down the water",and Delilah payoff.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

surly74

God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Poison Tree

Some of the questions could be taken in more than one way. "What was the first miracle of Jesus recorded in the Bible?" John claims water into wine was Jesus' first miracle, but it's not even mentioned in the other 3 older books, so you could answer what ever miracle appears first in Mark, since it is the oldest book OR the first one found in Matthew  because it is the first gospel in the bible.

But I figured they wanted the easy answers and cruised to a perfect score, with only "Besides Martin Luther King, Jr., who called for justice to "roll down like waters"?" causing much though at all--If it hadn't been multiple choice I never would have gotten that one.

All those years of sabbath-school are finally paying off :roll:
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

The Non Prophet

Bible Quiz Question 1

How many times does the bible tell you not to eat Shrimp?

A. 4

B. 8

C. 16

D. It seriously says you can't eat shrimp?

NitzWalsh

I got 16/18, missed how much Delilah got paid, and the MLK Jr. quote.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Krisyork2008

Also got 14. Hm.

I've been quoting shellfish at my christian friends a lot lately.
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand