News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is Infant Circumcision Immoral?

Started by Bluewind, April 14, 2016, 07:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

OK, I first read the OP title correctly and said YES. Then I read the title incorrectly, thinking I made a mistake first time since it is a second language I always have that auto paranoia -reading moral instead of immoral- and changed it to NO. The YES was correct the first time.

So for the last time INFANT CIRCUMCISION IS IMMORAL! *pant *pant. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

doorknob

I had my son circumcised because I thought it was cleaner. I didn't do any research on it at the time.

Now I regret it because I feel that circumcision is unnecessary.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: doorknob on April 18, 2016, 10:05:16 PM
I had my son circumcised because I thought it was cleaner. I didn't do any research on it at the time.

Well if it's any consolation, there are ways to grow the foreskin back, if you're willing to work for it. I don't know how sensitive a restored foreskin is compared to the one you're born with, though.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 18, 2016, 10:57:43 PM
Well if it's any consolation, there are ways to grow the foreskin back, if you're willing to work for it. I don't know how sensitive a restored foreskin is compared to the one you're born with, though.

Wait... What?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Yes.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

Bluewind

Quote from: doorknob on April 18, 2016, 10:05:16 PM

Don't feel bad! It's part of the culture and it's not something we really think about because it's just something that's done in some places and in some religions. Breaking through that and having people actually think about it and reflect upon it is at its core the very purpose of this thread. :)
There is beauty in a finite life.

Jack89

Why do people make such a fuss of over something like this?  I was circumcised and have no complaints.  If you weren't circumcised you likely don't have any complaints either.  This is another case of turning something that adversely affects only a very few into a controversy.  Is it immoral?  No, it's fine. 

Bluewind

Quote from: Jack89 on April 25, 2016, 10:11:46 AM
Why do people make such a fuss of over something like this?  I was circumcised and have no complaints.  If you weren't circumcised you likely don't have any complaints either.  This is another case of turning something that adversely affects only a very few into a controversy.  Is it immoral?  No, it's fine.
It's not about rather or not doing it adversely affects the recipient as most men have no problems with it. It's about rather it's moral to preform elective body modifications on someone without their consent. Performing a life saving operation on someone too young to give consent is okay as it is done in their best interest, but the majority of circumcisions are done for aesthetics and tradition rather than actual medical need. It would be like removing the labia minora on female babies. Sure the effects other than appearance wouldn't be that noticeable, but it wouldn't be right to do without her okay at an age when she was competent enough to give real consent. I'm not against male circumcision any more than I am a man getting a Prince Albert, but I don't think either one should be done without they guy giving his okay first.
There is beauty in a finite life.

drunkenshoe

It is immoral to make a decision for someone that will alter their anotomy permenantly when they can't make decision about it while there is no good reason to do so. Don't you think the very fact that there is no complaints from boths sides makes the act more ridiculous? And I am sure there must be men out there not happy with it. Add all that the most serious fact that this is being practised pretty badly and primitively around the world for religion, I say fuck it.

I haven't slept with an uncut man, the manfolk is cut around here. But the idea that some foreskin would play some negative role in what I feel to a man -sexually or otherwise- is pretty ridiculous too. May be I am old fashioned, dunno.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Bluewind on April 25, 2016, 12:33:29 PM
It's about rather it's moral to preform elective body modifications on someone without their consent.

Exactly. This.

aitm

Can we add puncturing holes in little girls ears so they be adorned with metal crap that women think looks "cute" but I think looks horrendous?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

marom1963

Quote from: aitm on April 25, 2016, 01:05:07 PM
Can we add puncturing holes in little girls ears so they be adorned with metal crap that women think looks "cute" but I think looks horrendous?
I wouldn't do it, but it does get done, and it really is harmless. I've seen more than one little boy w/one earlobe pierced, by the way ... Do you know - and it really makes me nauseous- about this new thing, putting hoops inside the earlobe? I saw a kid at my niece's graduation who had what looked like wagon wheels embedded in his earlobes. And he was a nice looking boy. I thought, gee, what job will you ever be able to get? Such holes will never close. Plastic surgery would needed. Horrible.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Nonsensei

Quote from: aitm on April 25, 2016, 01:05:07 PM

Honestly there's no good reason for piercing the ears anymore. These days anything can be mounted on a clip.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on