Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Why I'm not a Feminist"

Started by PickelledEggs, April 13, 2016, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 24, 2016, 08:02:13 AM
America is an upside down, successful version of North Korea

Talking with a stranger the other day, I used NK as an example. Anytime you wanna get that commune started, let me know.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 24, 2016, 11:52:19 AM
Considering that your goal seems to be to offend anyone you can, probably not.

You're approaching the point where you appear just as unbalanced in your views of America as pr126 is in his views on Islam.

The irony is that you personally hate everything I wrote up about the culture you live in esp. in terms of 'winners and losers' aspect -which is the core of the problem(s). You hate that what people say and do is completely different. You hate political correctness. You hate the entitlement and the privilege this culture enables people to create under certain circumstances left and right. You hate that certain rules and laws do not apply to people with certain 'privileges'. 

Yet you cannot handle a blunt criticism of everything you hate given by someone looking from outside and define it with someone who spends his time posting politically extreme right material. If you seriously think my ocassional blunt criticism on American culture over all is something even rometly close to what pr126 doing in this forum, then please go vote for Trump and stop addressing my posts. However I'd like to think you are intelligent enough to gather the fact that someone who hates a certain culture and its people, don't spend this much time with it.

But you know what, if that post was written in a political manner by another poster, you would agree with the most of it and add your own. Just be honest to yourselfa tiny bit. All you are doing right now -and every time I post something like this- is just verifying everything I wrote in that post as an individual.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 24, 2016, 12:13:22 PM
Talking with a stranger the other day, I used NK as an example. Anytime you wanna get that commune started, let me know.

It would be amazing if we could do such a thing.  :celebrate:

At least we would just squabble about each other's opinions between 'pass the wine', 'whose turn to do the dishes?', 'take off  my pjs off!'...pillow hits would be the most violent act. Sigh.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on May 24, 2016, 10:03:14 AM
This is what happens when you study philosophy. It warps you........

Sorry Pickelled. I'm not wasting that much time on that subject. Somebody want to tl;dr or is it the drivel I think it is?

It's not drivel. It's a well-reasoned conversation about why this woman doesn't feel that the feminism movement is a productive movement. And also, that even though she used to be a feminist (and explains why it feels great to be a part of the movement) it is not something that is reasonable to be a part of. She explains the inerrant flaws of feminism's ideology, the hypocrisy of it...

I guess you could call it wasting your time, but just as I spend (waste?) time looking in to this, you spend (waste?) time on other subjects.

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 24, 2016, 09:57:37 AM
Man is there even one aspect of America you can't write an essay on how much you disapprove of it?

She is Turkish.  So has no reason to be pro-American.  But she is wrong about the Roman line extending thru London to Washington DC.  As a cultural student, she can't miss it.  America isn't unprecedented ... I think she thinks we are unique, special, just like we like to think of ourselves.  Rather than Cromwell on steroids ;-)  She is correct about our psycho individualism and flip side ... brainless mass culture.

What did Chancellor Bismark say about "what is the most important fact of the 19th century?" ... that N America speaks English instead of German.  And had Germany colonized here, rather than send a few million enterprising Germans here (to our benefit) ... then I would be typing this in German, and certainly the Kaiser would have won WW I, and there would have been no WW II.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Flanker1Six on May 24, 2016, 11:18:22 AM
Wow!  The US is a monolith.   :shucks:  Damn it!  Another train I missed.   :holdtears:

Please tell the Americans.  It seems to me we are more like a mound of badly mortared bricks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 24, 2016, 12:13:22 PM

Marie Antoinette Clinton ... let them eat upside down cake!

It has been noted by other commentators ... that the US is now living thru inverted totalitarianism ... not the traditional kind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2016, 12:58:02 PM
She is Turkish.  So has no reason to be pro-American.  But she is wrong about the Roman line extending thru London to Washington DC.  As a cultural student, she can't miss it.  America isn't unprecedented ... I think she thinks we are unique, special, just like we like to think of ourselves.  Rather than Cromwell on steroids ;-)  She is correct about our psycho individualism and flip side ... brainless mass culture.

(He knows I am Turkish. He is not a new member. He just doesn't like me. I think he has some evil witch image cackling in his head wearing an 'I am drunkenshoe' t-shirt. Like some others.)

I'm nowhere remotely near pro-turkish either. I'm an anti-nationalist. You took it the other way around though, Baruch. Following the culture I criticised up there ( :lol: ) you easily miss that I grew up with American culture and it is impossible for me to avoid it or not have an opinion on most aspects of its culture. (Like many others around the world.) I don't think Americans are special, but I know that every culture is unique in some way, this is not necessarily a positive thing and it is very important when it is a huge scale like US. I know the power of American influence in many levels. Most Americans don't get that influence. They do not even have a clue of it.

I don't have to be against a culture to criticise it.

QuoteWhat did Chancellor Bismark say about "what is the most important fact of the 19th century?" ... that N America speaks English instead of German.  And had Germany colonized here, rather than send a few million enterprising Germans here (to our benefit) ... then I would be typing this in German, and certainly the Kaiser would have won WW I, and there would have been no WW II.

Agreed. I even wrote this here long time ago. 'German lost by one vote.' :lol: I wonder though...do you think world really be different than it is now? ;)

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2016, 12:58:02 PM
But she is wrong about the Roman line extending thru London to Washington DC. 

I didn't say that. On the contrary, I said 'NO, it didn't happen that way'. That's why I said USA is not Roman Empire.

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2016, 01:00:48 PM
Marie Antoinette Clinton ... let them eat upside down cake!

It has been noted by other commentators ... that the US is now living thru inverted totalitarianism ... not the traditional kind.

What I mean by 'successful version of North Korea'. That's quite an accomplishment though if you think. Not sarcasm. I am serious.   

Jannabear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 24, 2016, 04:14:16 AM
You just knee-jerk in to a fit of anger and insults, that is what I was commenting on.... sarcastically.

What about this video is so appalling? The guy barely speaks in it, for one thing, and when he does, it's good conversation. He's hosting the conversation, it's the woman that is explaining why she isn't the feminist.
I didn't even watch the video, I've just seen some REALLY dumb shit from this guy.

Jannabear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 24, 2016, 01:19:06 PM
I didn't say that. On the contrary, I said 'NO, it didn't happen that way'. That's why I said USA is not Roman Empire.

What I mean by 'successful version of North Korea'. That's quite an accomplishment though if you think. Not sarcasm. I am serious.   
I have to ask you drunkenshoe, I've never gotten the chance to.
Answer these questions for me, if you want to.
Are you a feminst?
Do you support hate speech laws.
Do you view white people and majority demographics in america as privileged, or do you view minorities as being disadvantaged, but majority demographics as being fairly treated in many instances, or do you not view it either way?
What's your opinion on MRA and Egalitarianism?
Thanks.
I've never really directly asked you this shit.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jannabear on May 24, 2016, 01:56:16 PM
I didn't even watch the video, I've just seen some REALLY dumb shit from this guy.

Ok. Well this is the only thing I've seen from this guy, so I wouldn't have guessed that he's made "dumb shit". Sorry that you let your biases get ahead of you though.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jannabear on May 24, 2016, 01:59:01 PM
I've never really directly asked you this shit.

You have been attacking on everything I wrote on this subject since the day you have become a member and you just realised this?

Jannabear you need to stay away from anything related to this subject. For your own good.

E: Yes I'm a feminist. And no, I will not get into a discussion with you in any of the topics above. You should leave yourself alone and rest.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 24, 2016, 03:01:32 PM
You have been attacking on everything I wrote on this subject since the day you have become a member and you just realised this?

Jannabear you need to stay away from anything related to this subject. For your own good.

E: Yes I'm a feminist. And no, I will not get into a discussion with you in any of the topics above. You should leave yourself alone and rest.

Once AGAIN... stop playing the victim. You have derailed this thread long enough.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 24, 2016, 03:47:29 PM

Once AGAIN... stop playing the victim. You have derailed this thread long enough.

At most times, you are clueless about what is going on in the forum, but sometimes you really talk so badly out of your ass, you really leave nothing to say, Draconic.

Who is playing the victim? What is the situation here that would victmise someone? She asked me a question and I gave her an answer. That's it.

I'm not going to stop posting in some thread because you don't like it. Get that? Good.