"Why I'm not a Feminist"

Started by PickelledEggs, April 13, 2016, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Jannabear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 13, 2016, 02:44:39 PM
https://youtu.be/82En_A0hijA

-Sent from your mom
I'm not a feminist, but I can't watch a video from this retarded bald cunt.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jannabear on May 24, 2016, 02:07:08 AM
I'm not a feminist, but I can't watch a video from this retarded bald cunt.
Well fuck, dude. Why not tell us how you really feel?

Jannabear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 24, 2016, 02:48:10 AM
Well fuck, dude. Why not tell us how you really feel?
What do you mean?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jannabear on May 24, 2016, 03:55:40 AM
What do you mean?
You just knee-jerk in to a fit of anger and insults, that is what I was commenting on.... sarcastically.

What about this video is so appalling? The guy barely speaks in it, for one thing, and when he does, it's good conversation. He's hosting the conversation, it's the woman that is explaining why she isn't the feminist.

drunkenshoe

What I am seeing in the video is an academic who cannot make a healthy criticism of the culture she lives in and how individualism and freedom evolved in that culture under certain circumstances to shape everything in it. Again. Privilege demanding in American culture has nothing to do with Feminism or feminist culture.

The American identity is based on being privileged itself; 'if you are born as an American, you are privileged'. This is the base of your collective memory; it is your identity.

American concept of FREEDOM and INDIVIDUALITY is over all based on that

-freedom is being able to WANT and DESIRE everything and stopping at nothing to get it; infact the culture teaches people that they CAN and SHOULD get anything they WANT and DESIRE and that SHOULD stop at nothing come to that. WINNERS and LOSERS culture. You are either a winner or a loser. And that success; being a winner is based on wealth and fame alone. Gaining more privilege.

-while technically; on paper there is a system with many opportunities and choices and simple strict rules, THE WINNER is the one who beats that system and learns that you need to step on other people to reach somewhere at an early age. And the only way to be a WINNER is to gain wealth. Therefore in reality there a very few choices.

-individualism is based on raising people who think they are 'special' and 'deserve' anything just being born. Celebrating and rewarding mediocrity in many levels. Starting from elementary schools to universities.

-the American convcition that the individual is living in a place completely different than the world and standard human culture;

-constant bombardment of extreme right propaganda; spread of fear how everybody is against and out to get them, though they have given so much to the world.

The understanding of American freedom
-9 year old kids can dress up and compete in beauty pageants,
-people can shoot others to kill becuse they stepped on their land.
-they have a right to be 'armed against state'
-becoming a soldier and getting paid to travel abroad around the world to invade and kill is a job you do to get paid

Auto-Censorship in American culture:

-The standard censorship going on in the US does NOT need closing of websites, burning of books, people being silenced or anything being being prevented phyically. The university students demanding what should be taught or said or expressed in classroom is a result of your sterilised, isolated, hyped up culture. NOT one movement.

American culture itself already suppresses everything that doesn't fit the image in the giant in the mirror, automatically filters everything out. Hence my sarcastic, hyperbolic expression of "America is an upside down, successful version of North Korea" that pisses people off.

Freedom of speech:

-American freedom of speech is talking about how much freedom of speech American people have. (Have you ever heard of a Swedish, Norwegian or a Belgian or a Dutch or a Danish person talking about how much freedom of speech they have? You haven't. Because they actually have it, they do not need to talk about how much of it they have.
-Culture is so extremely self absorbed, nobody even registers or acknowledges anything different said out loud. It vaporises inot air.
-American culture doesn't tolerate criticism. You are either for or aginst it. Hence the very term anti-American.
-Anyone who really offers a criticism either has to be a stand up comedian or a some sort of obnoxious, extremist vlog or blog celebrity.

So let me get this straight. You build an Empire on fantastical notions and imaginary concepts that can never work in real life in the first place, create the most violent; most competitive capitalist system on the planet that works on pure greed; an individual identity of "I am privileged as an American; I want it to have it all and I want it now", a society with the egos at size of cathedrals, the more it screws up the more you pump it up and up by comparing their life with what's in with Middle East, scare them that everybody in the world is out to get them, isolate them from the world, arm most of them head to toe and dumb them down to the point of perceiving the world as their country; as if concepts and movements are defined by their own culture  AND when a group of a movement simply get transformed to follow the first rule of the land, you SINGLE them out and show them as what is wrong with society and freedom.

:lol: Nice job.

Yeah. No. This approach is a perfect example of the level of the American AUTO-CENSORSHIP in general. Instead of producing a criticism of the culture itself turning anything into a hyped up show of greed and endless demands, people are picking groups and movements creating home cook definitions and solutions for what is happening AND voice it as their culture is a 'universal' one.

This will NOT work. Telling people -any group- that what they do is demanding privilege WILL NOT work. Heads up.

I sometimes read articles written about America's domestic problems and it is so frightening and painful because THERE IS BASICALLY NO mention of the American capitalist system, anything related to why ALL THESE EXIST IN AMERICAN CULTURE and other cultures in under its cultural influence, but nowhere else. No, not because they are not civilised. America is NOT even a first world country.

Nobody takes a step back and look "oh wait there is a problem with us, there is aproblem with the culture we produced. Something is wrong with the capitalism we have and we need to fight back against the culture it produced." No, why because there are no 'nuance(s)'. Only extremes and political correctness based on rhetoric and propaganda.

Do you really think that this 'feminist' censorship is NOT another result of the general cultural conditions that created your gun prolem(s)? Many others American society loves to pretend they do not exist. They all end up in the same point: this is a jungle. Anyone, any group will end up in the same, position be it right or wrong. There is no other way. It's the freaking culture. You are your worst enemy.

May be, these ridiculous demands of some groups and the resistence they will face WILL in future open a door to ground 'the spoilt brat's ass to reality, so may be something good will happen for American people in time. So good. So, I am glad there is conflict. It needs to get more intense and spread. There is no other way out. Americans need to 'cut each other's throats' and survive it. You did it before you can do it again and the world beneift from it. Hopefully, you'll get around to it before shooting each other.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Didn't Rabelais write about Gargantua?  Isn't the US a Cromwellian incarnation of Hobbes' Leviathan?  The US is a hegemony, for me this is better than letting Germany or Japan do it, if it has to be done for world order.  Was Roman hegemony entirely bad in its day?  Was Alexander wrong about his dreams?

Japan and Germany are still occupied ... why?  Wasn't it mostly Russians and Chinese who died, because the US didn't join the League of Nations, didn't declare war on Germany in 1936 or Japan in 1931 or 1937?  Nobody likes a hegemony, if you aren't part of it.  Can hegemony be used for good, or is it necessarily evil?  Turkey was a hegemony in its own region until 1914 ... did it do this for any good purpose?  Or would it have been better to free all the people's outside Anatolia, and the minorities within Anatolia?  Put Turkey in the hot seat as an alternative.  This is not to say that the European powers had any good will toward Turkey or were giants of virtue.  Had they been, WW I would have never even happened.  And yes, the US is an extension of European culture, particularly the English version.  Can't be helped.

What model in recent history (last 500 years) can you use as an example where nations treated each other as equals, rather than a pecking order?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Back on the OP ... don't have time to watch the whole thing, but I have listened to Molyneux before.  Kind of a thinking man's conservative, and I always love non-American English accents.  If one isn't open to reasoned conservativism then one will give the video a pass on a prima facie basis.  This is no Rush.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

No, Baruch. America is not Roman Empire, Gargantua, Leviathan, Mothra, Great Satan...etc or anything else.

It's a huge, culturally isolated country with people in it.

PS I apperaciate the a Rabelais reference used back to me though. Nice to see somebody is actually reading my posts. ;)

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Again, centripetal forces vs Cenrifugal forces...same dynamics and old story going on. Nothing new or even interesting actually. Also the size, more like the concept of size and scale in American terms. Like what we call American plates and glasses; 'American portion' of food. (Not bad as gastronomical anologies go :p):lol: I have a lot to say about it, but need to work. Can't concentrate.

Nonsensei

Man is there even one aspect of America you can't write an essay on how much you disapprove of it?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 24, 2016, 09:57:37 AM
Man is there even one aspect of America you can't write an essay on how much you disapprove of it?

This is what happens when you study philosophy. It warps you........

Sorry Pickelled. I'm not wasting that much time on that subject. Somebody want to tl;dr or is it the drivel I think it is?

Flanker1Six

Wow!  The US is a monolith.   :shucks:  Damn it!  Another train I missed.   :holdtears:

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 24, 2016, 09:57:37 AM

Man will you ever stop being offended/triggered by anything written by me on specific subjects?

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 24, 2016, 11:28:34 AM
Man will you ever stop being offended/triggered by anything written by me on specific subjects?

Considering that your goal seems to be to offend anyone you can, probably not.

You're approaching the point where you appear just as unbalanced in your views of America as pr126 is in his views on Islam.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on