Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Bluewind

I love how we can go from jokingly insulting each other to being nice. ^_^

Anyway, tell us more about you. We're you raised in a religious household? How's the mentality towards non believers where you are? Are you open in real life?
There is beauty in a finite life.

AkiraTheFighter

I am from a religious household. Hinduism. Nobody in my family knows and I still live with my parents. Most of my friends know on the other hand.

Bluewind

I don't think I've ever met a Hindu or even a former Hindu in real life. What are some of the things that bothered you about it? I have a laundry list of Christian problems, but I've never heard about the problems with the Hindu religion and I would love to hear about your journey. :)

My area is very Christian and a few pagans that are usually very private because of how people act (they're 100% cool with me). I have yet to meet anyone like me.

AkiraTheFighter

Well for starters Hinduisim divides their own people into different classes. I never really payed attention to the class system but a Chammar is lower class people and they have to bow down to the high class people (The Maharaj) and the high priests (Pundits). The fact that there was magic in the gita and half human/ half animal people it made me doubt it allot when I was a teenager.

Then the whole "lets do things cuz it's tradition and we have a reputation to upkeep" really screwed with me when i was a teen. I mean now i know I don't have to adjust myself to impress anybody and no way in hell am i gonna do some ancient tradition just to impress people.

What I don't like about Hinduisim is that they stick to the marrage tradition thing. They always try to force their children to get married and bring children in the world. All for the sake of tradition and keeping the linage alive. Which is the most stupid reason to get married and have kids. Marriage and having kids is something serious and if someone doesn't want to do it, don't force them.

Then there's the whole fasting thing. You mean to tell me that out of all the crap that is going on in the world your god is gonna be pissed at me for eating meat? Really?

The fact that hindus have to do so many ludicrous rituals to impress and be in good fortune with their gods and the fact that they believe it and do it. And the fact that they don't know most pundits are just conning them out of money makes them out to be really really sad people. And if I'm gonna waste money on fiction, I would rather waste it behind something superhero related, cuz alteast those tv shows got me through my school years.

It's also a sexist religion. Women have to be in the kitchen, they can do funerals. Granted not every hindu follows this now a days, but it's still there.

Hinduism may not be as extreme as Christianity and the Muslim religion. But it's still ludicrous and it baffles me that people still think it's real.   

Bluewind

Wow. You have some very good reasons for leaving Hinduism. I'm very glad you joined our forum.

PS: If you need any recipes for meat dishes, I have some awesome ones. My dad taught me and he was a cook in the army (2 of his recipes are in the army cookbook ;) ).

Solomon Zorn

"That's Mr. Kaneda to  you , Punk!"

Loved Akira! Ahead of its time. Welcome!
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

aitm

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 13, 2016, 01:43:10 PM
I'm also..... a Brony. 

Fuck...................not...another...one.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on April 18, 2016, 08:24:20 AM
Fuck...................not...another...one.....

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 18, 2016, 07:50:37 AM
"That's Mr. Kaneda to  you , Punk!"

Loved Akira! Ahead of its time. Welcome!

LOL, Iactually didn't like that movie. Visually it was nice but story wise it was lacking. I think the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds handled it better TBH. This is the show I got it from: http://www.supersentai.com/database/1987_maskman/rg-akira.htm#axzz46ChYtt3L