News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Shukhov, April 12, 2016, 04:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukhov

Quote from: Bluewind on April 13, 2016, 05:37:56 PM
And here I am in the bible belt where it is completely cool and almost normal for a plumber I contacted today to have Christian waiting music and the signature on his (exclusively work) phone texts reading "Is Jesus your Lord and savior??" I swear if I hadn't been trying to get a plumber for an elderly woman who was friends with my grandmother, I would have replied "No and I'm not interested in hearing about it. Please consider altering your music and texts to something more religiously neutral" on principle alone! XD

That's ridiculous. Though in Poland religious idiocy is strong too. But what else one can expect from country where atheists feel sad cause they lack "grace of faith" or think that religion is only thing holding barbarism back?

Quote from: Bluewind on April 13, 2016, 05:37:56 PMGlad I'm not alone. There are so many countries and cultures that it's insane! I think one of my more fascinating conversations was with a woman who has pet reptiles and a dog in Australia. The strict pet laws there left me very surprised at the differences between us.

Customs and laws in other countries indeed could be surprising.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

George Santayana.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth".

Mikhail Bakunin.

Solomon Zorn

Welcome!

My Bible College roommate went on to become a history teacher. Ever since I turned him on to my poetry, he won't return my calls.

Here's a poem you might like. It's taken from stories in the news:
http://www.solomonzorn.com/the-anti-miracle.html
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Sal1981

Hiya.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk