News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Well, look at that

Started by GurrenLagann, March 25, 2013, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"My step-dad was the kindest, most soft spoken, quietly reverent man you'd ever meet.  After he served in the Navy he worked a pretty awful job from 5am to 2pm for over 40 years.  He made a schedule to visit new people moving into the neighborhood on behalf of his church.  He did that for over 40 yrs.  Served on every church committee there was.  Did the grounds cleanup for his church and wouldn't take a dime.  Had his tithing envelope in his hand every Sunday at 9am.  When he retired he worked with homeless shelters, built houses for humanity, gave his home grown vegetables to charity and taught the illiterate to read twice a week at a shelter.  He was faithfully at church every single Sunday of his life - right up to a week before cancer ate a hole in him from the inside out....so.............
Yes.............  enjoy the cancer you perfect soldier of Christ......... you complete selfless do-gooder.  It's Cancer for Yooou!

seriously?

Yeah. Echo the same story for my brother. School teacher, assistant principal, EMT for the town of Eureka- Bishop, counselor, carpenter who participated in building of countless homes, gave of himself when he couldn't afford it- died of liver failure at the age 45. This, a man who never drank, smoked, imbibed caffeine or ate anything but the healthiest food. The town of Eureka shut down for his funeral.

It's one of my single biggest reasons for believing there IS NO GOD.  If there Was a God and he had any benevolence in him whatsoever - his perfect people would be rewarded - with good things on this earth - viable, reliable, visible rewards.  The recruit-via fear-method sucks completely.  Makes me angry - just flat out angry for people like my dad.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

We could start an "evidence god sucks" post that would run into many pages. Right now I've got one. Cottonwood trees. A local fauna that delivers a storm of tiny little puffballs that literally cover the landscape. They gather in white fluffy piles everywhere and clog up everything. We live near a nature/migratory bird area that is replete with them. Every year this time we get literally buried by this crap. Yuck.