Women, Here's Something Else to Worry About: Resting Bitch Face

Started by SGOS, May 03, 2016, 10:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 05, 2016, 09:08:33 AM
Working on a commision?
I am. But I have to wake up early for this stupid anime convention that I was stupid enough to buy a booth for. I don't even do fan art. I had to make some from scratch...

-Sent from your mom

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 05, 2016, 09:10:58 AM
I am. But I have to wake up early for this stupid anime convention that I was stupid enough to buy a booth for. I don't even do fan art. I had to make some from scratch...

-Sent from your mom

Oh I see. Go easy on coffee. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 05, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
I used to work with a gal who had this type of face. She gets around it by just putting on a smile all the time. I actually didn't believe her at first, but then she dropped into a neutral expression to prove it. I thought she was just putting on an angry face, so she went the extra mile and put on an actual angry face. I still have nightmares about it to this day.

Yeah, reminder to not mess with Mom ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: TomFoolery on May 03, 2016, 12:24:26 PM
You've never heard of resting bitch face?

I use it all the time. It's actually my natural state. It's why no one ever hits on me, and I'm fine with that. For all the women who lament that they can never get anything done because they're having to chase boys off with sticks, my first answer is usually to get rid of the come-hither bedroom eyes and work on the resting bitch face.

It's by no means fool proof, but it certainly helps. Body language is still language, and when you're broadcasting to men a face that suggests you'd rather breastfeed orphaned wolverines than flirt with them, most men tend to get the point.

Stop!  Stop!  Goddamnit!!!   My side hurts!!