Is "Humanrightswatch just a tool in the hands of the western atheist government"

Started by DavidOller, April 11, 2016, 02:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOller

UPDATED: I would rather not give a link as it as links to private information but what I can do is give more information :)
Somebody said this to me: I found it to be interesting. Interesting at how bias and manipulative a person can get when they try to put atrocious in the world has atheist motives. you know.

QuoteQuote
Human rights watch is just a tool in the hands of the western atheist governments. HWR never finds fault in murdering Christians in Syria and all over the world. They supported Pakistans terrorism for a long time because it was in the interest of the western atheists and devil worshippers.

and

QuoteYou are trying to justify evil to find peace of mind. Atheism is selfish, cruel and immoral. The fruit of atheism was always evil and will be always evil.

What is your take on this? I already answered back.. just thought it might be interesting.

The next bit you do not have to read.. just added it in for extra information.
This was my post that gave rise to the response you see above (specifically my source on HMR).

QuoteAs an atheist, I get sick and tired of being blamed for Communism or being told that "Communism is proof that Atheism is an evil ideology". Too often do i hear about the " evil atheists of china persecuting the poor christians." or "Mao was atheist and a communist. " by people who want to justify their misaligned hate and prejudice toward atheists. It just makes me want to bash my head in with a keyboard in frustration. Not only is a guilt by association, a blanket statement fallacy, and a tu quoque fallacy if you are discussing atrocities done in the name of religion and they bring up this point, but is completely inaccurate.

For one thing, Communism is a political ideology, atheism is not political. Its simply the disbelief in gods or goddesses. There was much more than just persecution of religious people in communist-ran countries like Russia and China. Anyone that didnt follow them or protested them that got caught were often plucked from the streets to be tortured or executed, no matter what they believed. The motives for these were political, not based off the personal beliefs of the leaders.

Second, Mao was Buddhist, and has expressed a belief in heaven (He stated once to someone when asked how he was doing ,"Not very well. I have had a cough for some days. It is time to go to Heaven. It seems that I am summoned to meet the Good God. How is President Ho?"). even tho he did say "atheism must take the place of religion", he also said, " “it is wrong to tell people to be against religion.religious people would oppose us… believing in a certain religion doesn’t mean people don’t oppose imperialism, feudalism and bureaucratic capitalism.” and also added provision in the Communist China's constitution the freedom of religion (although this was mostly to appease the muslims and the buddhists). Why he suddenly began to persecute religious people is because Mao wanted China to be completely under his own ideology, to be rid of capitalism, and wanted the government be put first before anything else. this was a problem with christianity because they saw their god first before the govt. The communist government and Mao as well perceived this as a threat and tried to dismantle it.

My Third Point is that many will bring up how there are many atheists in china, much more than christians, however the polls may have unintentionally slanted this with the wording of their question. according to the New York Reviews, the Western definition is completely different from the Chinese Definition of god. the questions used the chinese word shangdi (上帝) which is the Protestant god. these questions only asked for one god rather than recognizing other gods of other beliefs. According to New York Times, they were asked to recognized as a believer (Xinyang zongjiao) or a non believer. the term Xinyang zongjiao refers to the traditonal recognized religions as mentioned before. another flaw was that the poll was not done anonymously, and were able to see what others selected.

For my Fourth point, The reason china now is putting pressure on christians is because they only recognize Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Catholicism and Protestantism. Even though that Catholicism and Protestantism are branches or christianity, They are all registered as recognized religions. all other denominations are not. The churches and people arrested as shown in the many vidoes people love sharing around the world (and often claiming this is what the world would be like if it were all atheist) were not registered under the government therefore they had them detained. not to say i agree with it, personally a person should be able to build a church and freely worship if they want. However, this does not make it atheist. these attacks on religion are purely political. According to Human Rights Watch, "China is mostly Authoritarian". China as the evidence has shown, sees that something it cannot control as a threat to its Power.

Sources:
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/c ... -and-tibet

http://sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... hina/?_r=0

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2014/03/24 ... ets-wrong/

Anyways I have to go for now. Would like to see you guys thoughts on this :)

I am sorry, I am still learning the ropes.. I don't know the difference between a whole new thread and a different one.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DavidOller on April 11, 2016, 02:27:39 AM
Somebody online there said this to me:

What is your take on this?

1:Please link where this is quoted from. And do so with similar posts like this
2:Does this need to be a whole new thread? or does it belong in a different thread?
3:I see you are new here. Please take a peek at our intro section as well as our rules section. Looking forward to seeing an introductory thread from you! :biggrin:

Baruch

There are political elements that target NGOs like Doctors Without Borders.  There is a conspiracy theory, promoted by the use of vaccination as a way to corner Osama Bin Laden ... that NGOs aren't neutral, but agents of Western intelligence.  So NGOs are attacked from both sides.  It seems that NGOs are usually pacifist in policy ... which makes them marginal opponents of those forces which profit from the conflicts.

The quote you gave would seem to be Muslim in origin, and anti-Russia (Russians are considered atheists, Westerners are considered crusaders).  As such it is a snippet of propaganda.  I doubt there is anything more to it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Human rights are a conspiracy to give power to the majority of the earths population and take it away from the despots, dictators and the filthy rich who otherwise would only treat us all wonderfully, but us takers force them to be mean to us..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

David, the answer to your question is in the statement--'................western atheists and devil worshippers.'  Nobody but an ignorant christian (aren't they all??) blinded by his/her faith can make such a stupid statement.

Look forward to your intro.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 11, 2016, 08:52:19 AM
David, the answer to your question is in the statement--'................western atheists and devil worshippers.'  Nobody but an ignorant christian (aren't they all??) blinded by his/her faith can make such a stupid statement.

And as I said "elsewhere", that is when you slap the fuck out of them. It works for cousins, they don't say much stupid shit around me anymore.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 11, 2016, 08:55:46 AM
And as I said "elsewhere", that is when you slap the fuck out of them. It works for cousins, they don't say much stupid shit around me anymore.
Sounds good to me!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I'm pretty sure the HRW may have commented on what's likely the worst human rights situation in the world right now.  They might've mentioned it once or twice.  Oh look, here's an article that specifically mentions Christians victimized in Syria.  Only took 5 seconds of googling to find that.  And there's a lot more where that came from.  Also, I'm almost certain they don't support the terrorist attack on Christians in Pakistan.

Whoever came up with this bullshit obviously doesn't know what they're talking about.

AllPurposeAtheist

See, back in the good old days they couldn't get away with not mentioning how terrible it is to not kiss every christians ass..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shukhov

While your answer was informative I think there is no sense in talking to such people. You will not convince someone who think that he found The Truth.

Talking with someone willfully ignorant is just waste of time I would say.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

George Santayana.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth".

Mikhail Bakunin.