News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My issue with Islam

Started by RCnal, April 07, 2016, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCnal

I think what is being asked is some proof to your claim. Im sure as an atheist you understand why this would be important. A link, source, something.

You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

I hope Jenny McCarthy gets small pox
Check out my thoughts at knowledgeoverego.blogspot.ca

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on April 07, 2016, 12:36:14 PM
When "judging" Christianity, people here refer to the OT, and the worst chapters from it,  as if the NT has never existed.

In Islam it is impossible to make any changes to the religion because the Quran is the immutable word of Allah, and mere humans cannot alter is, modify it. It would be blasphemy punishable by death.

Weird how each country has a different interpretation of Islam, then...

Also, evidence please that the U.N. is a Muslim run organization. Or is that just another mythos like Parisian and English "sharia zones" and the "Muslims becoming a majority" ( of about 8 percent) you pull out of your ass and tabloids to justify your xenophobia?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cocoa Beware

Raheel Raza is one of those brave and rare Muslims who is willing to discuss and confront the significant problems within Islam (and like her contempories, sadly, gets death threats from her so called "fellow" Muslims for her efforts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk

I believe there is much more to the problem then just the extremists, namely the kind of tacit support it receives (for example 42% of French Muslims aged 18-29 are okay with killing innocent people via suicide bombing)

I suppose it also depends on what you define as extreme. Raheel considers these kinds of beliefs extreme, and I have tough time disagreeing with her:

53% want Sharia law in Muslim majority countries.

52% support whippings/amputations.

51% support the stoning of unfaithful spouses.

RCnal

I wish I could like this comment 100 times.

Agreed, that there are far more issues. I expanded on this idea in a discussion I had recently with the same analogy of the miracle pill. If you wouldn't let a pill like that out in the market, how can we justify letting a book out like this.
Parents around the world fight over violence and content ratings of video games and movies. They force consumers to have to buy things based on a reasonable age for fear of these images hurting the way a child thinks in the future. Yet we allow a book which is more graphic than most of these entertainment media and label it the truths of life and the path to god. Absolutely ridiculous.
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

Baruch

Abrahamic scripture is for adults only.  Sometimes not even for adults ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: RCnal on April 08, 2016, 05:10:16 PM
I wish I could like this comment 100 times.

Agreed, that there are far more issues. I expanded on this idea in a discussion I had recently with the same analogy of the miracle pill. If you wouldn't let a pill like that out in the market, how can we justify letting a book out like this.
Parents around the world fight over violence and content ratings of video games and movies. They force consumers to have to buy things based on a reasonable age for fear of these images hurting the way a child thinks in the future. Yet we allow a book which is more graphic than most of these entertainment media and label it the truths of life and the path to god. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think its a tragic irony;

Mohammed, who would be considered a violent, depraved, and extraordinary petty individual under almost any other circumstances, poured so much of those qualities into the religion he founded.

Its astonishing anyone considers him to be an ideal role model.

pr126

Unfortunately most people are indifferent of Islam unless and until they are personally  affected.

All the bad things happens to other people far away. Why worry?

The people in Europe, and Africa and elsewhere whose children were raped, sold to slavery, their properties destroyed, family members murdered, and live in fear think differently.

The relatives of those who were murdered or themselves injured because of Islam in America also think differently.

No one should be indifferent, or wilfully ignorant of Islam.

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on April 09, 2016, 03:11:21 AM
Unfortunately most people are indifferent of Islam unless and until they are personally  affected.

The people in Europe, and Africa and elsewhere whose children were raped, sold to slavery, their properties destroyed, family members murdered, and live in fear think differently.

The relatives of those who were murdered or themselves injured because of Islam in America also think differently.

Heres the thing, nobody here IS indifferent to or ignorant of Islam. Not agreeing with your views on Islam does not automatically make us ignorant or indifferent. To you, anyone who is a Muslim is either a terrorist or a supporter of terrorists and anyone who disagrees with that is essentially a brainwashed idiot.

I think you're the one who has been brainwashed. Somehow, someone or something convinced you to ignore common sense and believe that 1.6 billion human beings are engaged in a global conspiracy to kill everyone not in their group and take over the world.

I guess I have way more faith in the failings of humanity than you do. I don't think you could get 1.6 billion people to even unanimously agree on the color of an orange.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on April 09, 2016, 02:59:11 AM
I think its a tragic irony;

Mohammed, who would be considered a violent, depraved, and extraordinary petty individual under almost any other circumstances, poured so much of those qualities into the religion he founded.

Its astonishing anyone considers him to be an ideal role model.

Its all about the cute camels ;-)

Nonsensei - I get angry at non-uniform stereotyped groups of people from time to time ... but I let it wash over me, and have a wee dram ;-)  If Muhammad had allowed alcohol (ironically now an Arabic word) things would have been much more chill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

RCnal

Quote from: pr126 on April 09, 2016, 03:11:21 AM

If 1.6 Billion people were even half as bad as you make them out to be, none of us would be here. Not a force on earth could stop such a group!

Baruch

Quote from: RCnal on April 09, 2016, 09:45:00 AM
If 1.6 Billion people were even half as bad as you make them out to be, none of us would be here. Not a force on earth could stop such a group!

That is the general idea ... in the minds of the Caliphate promoters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.