Egyptian TV moderator Omer Adib about the Brussels attack

Started by Cocoa Beware, April 05, 2016, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nEvMwEGPW4&list=LLE81NjtrAs2VxDvdhDUcJgA&index=2

Quote"The situation right now is that there are Muslims at large who want to kill the world. I know that you are uncomfortable with the truth, and that people will say that they are not Muslims, they are not from among us...

No way! They are from among us! The people who kill us here in Egypt are also among us!

The Islamic State in Syria... Who are these people? Don't tell me that they are not Muslims. In Iraq too, they are Muslims. What ISIS does... They took children from Mount Sinjar, and raped and slaughtered them... This was done by Muslims."

Quote"But this is being used politically. Some countries exploit these extremists for a political end, not a religious end."

"You would not be exploited if you did not harbor this ideology. How come they do not exploit other religions? How come only the Muslims do those things?"

Quote"Unemployment causes terrorism... Disfunctional families cause terrorism..."

"Are the people in Belgium responsible for your worthless education?!"

"Okay, but even in Belgium, where they provide the best education, people went to kill..."

"It was because of their corrupt and distorted ideology, which is nurtured by corrupt sources within the religion of Islam.

I am choosing my words very carefully, but we all know the truth. Do you really want to bury your head in the sand, and blame (the West) for this?!"

Quote"How come you don't see Jewish terrorists?"

"What do you call the Zionists?"

"That's different. I'm talking about religion. You are talking about Israeli nationals, but I'm talking about Jewish groups... Do you see a Jew going around shooting people, anywhere in the world? Do you see Christian groups shooting people?

"We must draw a distinction. You and I are Muslims, and we don't go around shooting people. Let's stay calm. I agree with you that there is extremism in all religions..."

"We are the only ones who express this violently."

We need more people like Omer.

I've noticed this kind of thing has become more common; that is, a Muslim commentator with these kind of balls, saying what needs to be said.

stromboli

Baruch

Egypt is more modern than many other Islamic states.  Almost everyone is more modern than SA, who drives much of this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

But none of the murders, rapes, destructions has anything to do with Islam, the religion.
I know this, because all the politicians, all the media tell me so.
And they would never lie to me. I trust them.

I always get angry when I hear about "radical Islam".
One should only use that qualifier if it can be proven that there indeed is a version of moderate peaceful Islam.

According to the Islamic texts, there is no such thing.

SGOS

"ISIS is not Muslim."  This is one of those lies that is so big, so obvious, and so paradoxical that people are attracted to believing it.

Shiranu

Odd, I've always been told Islam is homogeneous and every Muslim agrees with radicalization and no Muslim has the balls to disagree with terrorism...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

The good thing is that the vast majority of moderate and peaceful Muslims (over 99.999%)  are working tirelessly for the last 14 centuries to stop the tiny minority of misunderstanders (less than 0.0001 %) of the peaceful religion from murdering, torturing, raping, enslaving random folks for no reason.

I think it will work.

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on April 06, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
The good thing is that the vast majority of moderate and peaceful Muslims (over 99.999%)  are working tirelessly for the last 14 centuries to stop the tiny minority of misunderstanders (less than 0.0001 %) of the peaceful religion from murdering, torturing, raping, enslaving random folks for no reason.

I think it will work.

You know what pr126? With nearly a third of humanity being Muslim, if moderate Islam didn't exist there wouldn't be one square inch of this planet not on fire.

There is such a thing as moderate Islam.  It's called the "I don't give a fuck, leave me alone" version. Countless Muslims who are Muslim because they were born in a place where everyone is a Muslim. They pray like they should then get on with the rest of their lives and look utterly baffled when someone demands they leave their lives behind to go out and do battle with Islamic extremists JUST to prove they don't support them.

No. Human apathy and self interest is the strongest force in the universe.  They don't give a fuck. Leave them alone.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

I am trying to point out two things.

One, Islam is not the religion of peace, despite the lies we are constantly told. The Islamic texts are the proof.
Two, the vast majority of moderate Muslims is a myth, a feel good panacea that happens to be completely useless to anyone, to believer and unbeliever equally. It makes absolutely no difference whether there are a million moderates or a trillion moderates. The result is the same.

Because every time some shit happens, these two things are repeated ad nauseam by all.

Stop lying to yourselves.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah..The guy who owns the gas station down the road from me is Muslim..I bet he kills all of his customers except me because of what? Oh, I know..I'm special..   Good thing you have your own special world to live in pr..otherwise you might be dead already..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on April 06, 2016, 12:11:38 PM
I am trying to point out two things.

One, Islam is not the religion of peace, despite the lies we are constantly told. The Islamic texts are the proof.
Two, the vast majority of moderate Muslims is a myth, a feel good panacea that happens to be completely useless to anyone, to believer and unbeliever equally. It makes absolutely no difference whether there are a million moderates or a trillion moderates. The result is the same.

Because every time some shit happens, these two things are repeated ad nauseam by all.

Stop lying to yourselves.

The text may not be peaceful but the people are, which is all that matters. Going by what the text says is ridiculuos. If you do that then there's no such thing as a moderate anything,  be it Christian or Jewish or a y of the other 30000 religions.  The whole meaning of the term religious moderate is defined by how they adapt the ancient religious text to modern life.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 06, 2016, 02:23:10 PM
The text may not be peaceful but the people are, which is all that matters. Going by what the text says is ridiculuos. If you do that then there's no such thing as a moderate anything,  be it Christian or Jewish or a y of the other 30000 religions.  The whole meaning of the term religious moderate is defined by how they adapt the ancient religious text to modern life.
Tell that to the Muslims.

Shiranu

Great, someone broke the record player again...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Brave woman, though I would suggest authorities offer her protection now, since anyone telling the truth about Islam tends to become a target.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin