Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Postcard from Raqqa

Started by pr126, April 03, 2016, 01:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Postcard from Hiroshima ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yez_gesztE

And I would support dropping that bomb again under the same circumstances.  Or against any other target ordered by the President.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

this is why western feminists don't even bring up the suffering these women go though in that country, because they don't have a fucking clue what to say or suggest about their plight, and can only target soft targets in their own western country.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sylar

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2016, 12:59:32 PM
this is why western feminists don't even bring up the suffering these women go though in that country, because they don't have a fucking clue what to say or suggest about their plight, and can only target soft targets in their own western country.

What do you want western feminists to do? What can they do?

They are foreign and have no influence over Syria. Not any foreigners, but western foreigners -- you know, the type that ISIL considers an enemy.

Have you stopped for a minute to think that ISIL may punish Syrian women as retribution for western feminists speaking about the plight of Syrian women?

It is Syrian women -- and men -- who must rise up against ISIL.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on April 10, 2016, 06:41:07 AM
What do you want western feminists to do? What can they do?

They are foreign and have no influence over Syria. Not any foreigners, but western foreigners -- you know, the type that ISIL considers an enemy.

Have you stopped for a minute to think that ISIL may punish Syrian women as retribution for western feminists speaking about the plight of Syrian women?

It is Syrian women -- and men -- who must rise up against ISIL.

And they do, with Asad and Putin's assistance.  It is NATO that is playing Hydra.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 03, 2016, 08:12:58 AM
Postcard from Hiroshima ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yez_gesztE

And I would support dropping that bomb again under the same circumstances.  Or against any other target ordered by the President.
Just saw this now for some reason.  I would support dropping that bomb on that city again.  But why no other target?  Just curious....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Being hit by a bomb or incendiaries in London Blitz was no fun either.  Like I point out ... I care about my enemy.  Fortunately I don't also have to knock sense into my allies.

Why no other target?  Almost all other Japanese cities had already been attacked by the US with bombs and incendiaries.  A few cities were saved, for later demonstration reasons, but ones that weren't militarily important, or they would have to be attacked earlier.  Brits preferred to incinerate Germans, Americans preferred to incinerate Japanese.  The Germans had it coming.  The Japanese had if coming from China et al ... and we were acting on their behalf.  This creates a conundrum ... the Chinese didn't have the satisfaction of killing Japanese on the home islands, just at home in China.  They still want to go kill Japanese.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 10, 2016, 09:30:51 AM
Being hit by a bomb or incendiaries in London Blitz was no fun either.  Like I point out ... I care about my enemy.  Fortunately I don't also have to knock sense into my allies.

Why no other target?  Almost all other Japanese cities had already been attacked by the US with bombs and incendiaries.  A few cities were saved, for later demonstration reasons, but ones that weren't militarily important, or they would have to be attacked earlier.  Brits preferred to incinerate Germans, Americans preferred to incinerate Japanese.  The Germans had it coming.  The Japanese had if coming from China et al ... and we were acting on their behalf.  This creates a conundrum ... the Chinese didn't have the satisfaction of killing Japanese on the home islands, just at home in China.  They still want to go kill Japanese.
That makes sense.  And the Koreans aren't real happy with the Japanese, either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2016, 12:14:32 PM
That makes sense.  And the Koreans aren't real happy with the Japanese, either.

Koreans have been kicked around by China and Japan for centuries ... mostly by China.  The Japanese royal family has partial Korean blood ... they finally had to admit that just in the last few years.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/dec/28/japan.worlddispatch

The early first intervention of Japan in China was to defend the Paekche Korean kingdom against China ... but they arrived too late, and their navy was destroyed by China.  Much later, Hideyoshi, the Shogun, tried to conquer Korea from China in 1592 - 1598 ... but he failed.  Japan did finally manage to occupy Korea 1911-1945.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Mark Zukerberg the founder of Facebook said that ISIL  can be defeated with love.
He should be on a plain to Raqqa and do some serious loving.
Post it on Facebook, Mark.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on April 10, 2016, 01:41:59 PM
Mark Zukerberg the founder of Facebook said that ISIL  can be defeated with love.
He should be on a plain to Raqqa and do some serious loving.
Post it on Facebook, Mark.

Californicators are into all kinds of love ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cocoa Beware

QuoteWhat do you want western feminists to do? What can they do?

Be silent and listen when people rightly call out a misogynistic culture, and with that hopefully gain some perspective and an understanding that they have completely lost their moorings as a liberal.

QuoteThey are foreign and have no influence over Syria. Not any foreigners, but western foreigners -- you know, the type that ISIL considers an enemy.

What are the options then? Ignore the problem and pretend it's not happening because its futile apparently? I dont like where this is going.

QuoteHave you stopped for a minute to think that ISIL may punish Syrian women as retribution for western feminists speaking about the plight of Syrian women?

I thought you said they have no influence, so how can their speaking out compound the problem?

I'm sorry, but I really dont like where this is going.

QuoteIt is Syrian women -- and men -- who must rise up against ISIL.

That's easy for you to say.