News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is Cultural Marxism?

Started by pr126, March 28, 2016, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2016, 04:22:55 PM
Don't worry, the humour that in 5 years or less you will probably be a self proclaimed feminist and appreciate the the core concept of cultural Marxism isn't lost on me.

This is what delusional SJWs truly believe, it's not like you could possibly be wrong right? You are in the right side of history and all that bullshit. Heard this exact same bullshit from catholics back in the day i was challenging their faith.

Yeah no, since i dropped religious dogma and then dropped political dogma i ain't gonna be self proclaiming myself to be part of any ideological group when i know there are considerable segments and ideas of that group that i disagree with entirely. I rather proclaim my current ideas than any allegiance to an ideological label which could mean lots of things depending on which proponent you talk to. If anything i only use labels as shortcuts when i think the definitions are well stablished for the current discussion or to talk about a group of people who selfidentify as such. I prioritize the communication of meaning rather than the usage of specific words and try to avoid conflating my personal identity with my current political positions.

And no, 5 years from now i will still be laughing at those stupid postmodernist quotes as i still laugh at stupid religious quotes from 5 years ago. Specially when those trying to argue otherwise are smug assholes with no sound arguments who throw intellectual tantrums when caught on their hyperbole and other bs.

Shiranu

If you say so.

Cultural Marxism as an insult was a trend started by idiots like Pat Buchanan and Rush Limbaugh and then adopted by the pretentious "waah woman suxs cuz they don't want to fuck us! Fuck women!" MRAs and nutjobs like Brevik. If you want to side with those idiots, have at it, but don't give me that self-righteous b.s. that you are on the right side of history when that is the quality of leadership.

When you actually study "Cultural Marxism" (see; multiculturalism and progressive ideology) outside of youtube comments and blogs of irrelevant nobodies, I'll be waiting here for your admission that younger you was an idiot who had no idea what he was actually talking about.

When you out right admit you don't actually feel like looking about what Cultural Marxism is about, and instead only look at confirmation bias of your opinions on it, then it really is hard to take you seriously. I am hoping you at least see the obviousness in that. It is nothing more than a boogiemen for old white men who hate that society no longer wants them on the pedestal.

Out of curiosity... do you hate secular humanists? They are "Cultural Marxists" by definition. What about sex ed.?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I must say, the specific examples provided by Mauricio ... have established a new level of vapidity for me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Don't get me wrong, that shit annoys me too. And we have read a few things in my "Cultural Marxist" classes that I'm just like, "yeah, this is fucking stupid.". But to act like it even remotely approaches the majority thought is just ridiculous.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jack89

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, just ask Angela Merkel.  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2016, 06:09:58 PM
If you say so.

Cultural Marxism as an insult was a trend started by idiots like Pat Buchanan and Rush Limbaugh and then adopted by the pretentious "waah woman suxs cuz they don't want to fuck us! Fuck women!" MRAs and nutjobs like Brevik. If you want to side with those idiots, have at it, but don't give me that self-righteous b.s. that you are on the right side of history when that is the quality of leadership.

When you actually study "Cultural Marxism" (see; multiculturalism and progressive ideology) outside of youtube comments and blogs of irrelevant nobodies, I'll be waiting here for your admission that younger you was an idiot who had no idea what he was actually talking about.

When you out right admit you don't actually feel like looking about what Cultural Marxism is about, and instead only look at confirmation bias of your opinions on it, then it really is hard to take you seriously. I am hoping you at least see the obviousness in that. It is nothing more than a boogiemen for old white men who hate that society no longer wants them on the pedestal.

Out of curiosity... do you hate secular humanists? They are "Cultural Marxists" by definition. What about sex ed.?

Im aint siding with no one. I made specific points with citations about ideas and styles of argumentation/analysis that I find ridiculous which are part of or inspired by the postmodernist thought which some consider to be part of cultural marxism which is a term i do not use because it is loaded with claims i have not verified myself which was the first thing i said on this topic. Your post is completely irrelevant to me. Your with us or against us bullshit is just that. Bullshit.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on March 30, 2016, 07:21:12 PM
Multiculturalism is a failed experiment, just ask Angela Merkel.  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451

The weakness of Greater Germany, is that there are not enough Germans.  That forces them to take in additional manpower, that is not entirely cooperative.  They hope that the German-Turk combine, can lay Europe waste.  It was Poland that saved Vienna, not Germany (distinct from Austria), when besieged by the Turks.  It was rough love, and perhaps Germany didn't want to be saved, but ravished and married to the Sublime Porte, to be principle wife of course.  And Poland jumped into the middle and ruined everything ... a German-Turkish combine not being in their interest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2016, 06:27:23 PM
But to act like it even remotely approaches the majority thought is just ridiculous.

Which i never claimed. I specifically phrased my post to avoid giving that impression. Unlike you i did not make the arrogant claim that even though i have not read that much about postmodernists i know them at their best and at their worst and that's just how it is! All my claims are related to the writings i linked or quoted. Since i connot possibly know more than what i know, unlike you i can't project judgement on an entire movement because of specific cases i disagree with. And those cases are part of postmodern thought according to various sources if you disagree with that whatever i do not care about that semantic discussion call it however you want my points still stand regardless of how you want to call that analysis and those ideas. And just pointing that out does not imply i mean every single idea or thinker asscoiated with it is the same.

Shiranu

I guess I just don't see the value in attacking minority groups that are completely and utterly irrelevant. Better things to do with my time.

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2016, 08:00:07 PM
I guess I just don't see the value in attacking minority groups that are completely and utterly irrelevant. Better things to do with my time.

Ah yeah right that's why you made your latest posts berating MRAs a fringe group whose ideas you deemed as "useless information" a couple of days ago. How convenient that now after I respond to your criticisms the discussion is no longer worthy of your time. Your complete inability/unwilligness to concede even minor things is baffling. Once you get caught you try to weasel out as if it was the end of the world to admit you might have not been entirely right on your assesment. Or that my criticism may actually be valid when applied to the text I was actually referring too. The majority of our disagreements on this forum do not even seem to be on mainpoints or facts but even when I offer the olive branch (like on the cultural relativism discussion) you just cannot take it. Does it really hurt you so much to admit that maybe you were a bit hyperbolic? Or maybe you did not phrase a post in the most precise manner? Or maybe after clarification our disgreement was mainly on rhetoric or perspective or semantics? Who fucking cares in the end it is precisely to refine ideas that one argues.

Shiranu

QuoteAh yeah right that's why you made your latest posts berating MRAs a fringe group whose ideas you deemed as "useless information" a couple of days ago. How convenient that now after I respond to your criticisms the discussion is no longer worthy of your time.

Because, see again, those were ACTUAL issues that need to be addressed... not, "OMG SJW OMG FEMINISTS AH  THE WOLRD IS COMING TO AN END!".

Also the difference is I did not in the least bit go out of my way to make the post. So again... they aren't worthy of my time, since that was something I was already going to share. Might want to untwist your knickers, lass.

QuoteYour complete inability/unwilligness to concede even minor things is baffling.

K.

QuoteOnce you get caught you try to weasel out as if it was the end of the world to admit you might have not been entirely right on your assesment.

Nah, MRA are a bunch of fucktards. Still not "weasling" out of that like you keep on implying.

Too bored to read the rest, and the game is about to start. Toodles.

mauricio

Even when the mechanism has been exposed you repeat the same move... At this point it is just sad.

Shiranu

Atheon

What the hell does it have to do with Marxism??
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on March 31, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
What the hell does it have to do with Marxism??

Honestly the recent internet usage of cultural marxism seems to me to be something different from the old rightwing conspiracy theory of the frankfurt school subverting western values to facilate the marxist revolution in the west. It seems to be mainly a synonym of social justice warrior that implies they are trying to promote a sort of class struggle rhetoric and marxist critique but in a cultural and ethnic context rather than economic. There seems to be a trend with memes originating from the most nutty parts of the alt right going viral and it's meaning being diluted in it's usage by people who see some sense in the term but do not necessarily buy, know or care about the whole backstory.

Cultural marxism is not a term i would use and do not recommend it, because it is loaded and vague. Stick with SJW and actually articulating your points in long format.