King Of Jordan Accuses Turkey Of Sending ISIS Terrorists Into Europe

Started by stromboli, March 28, 2016, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/king-of-jordan-abdullah-says-turkey-isis-terrorists-and-unleashing-them-europe-erdogan-a6954841.html

QuoteTurkey is exporting Isis-linked terrorists to Europe, according to King Abdullah of Jordan.

The monarch's remarks came in a meeting with members of the US Congress, in which he said that Islamist militants were being "manufactured in Turkey" and "unleashed" into Europe.

He also used the debriefing, held after a cancelled rendezvous with US President Barack Obama, to remind the US politicians of Turkey's alleged complicity in buying Isis oil.

“The fact that terrorists are going to Europe is part of Turkish policy," said King Abdullah. "Turkey keeps on getting a slap on the hand, but they are let off the hook.”

Arguing that the autocratic Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan believes in a “radical Islamic solution to the region", King Abdullah said.

"Turkey sought a religious solution to Syria, while we are looking at moderate elements in the south and Jordan pushed for a third option that would not allow a religious option."

The meeting was held on 11 January, but details of the King's opinions have only just been leaked by Middle East Eye.

Although Turkey and Jordan are officially allies, the refugee crisis has heightened tensions between the two nations. King Abdullah is understood to have been angered by the EU's generous offer of cash and diplomatic ties in return for Turkey limiting the onward flow of refugees into the continent.

At roughly 75 million, Turkey's population is over ten times that of Jordan's, meaning the Arab nation is hosting a proportionately greater number of refugees.

Speaking to politicians including John McCain and Paul Ryan, King Abdullah also claimed that Jordanian special forces with "some balls" were involved in covert operations in Syria.

Though the presence of Jordanian soldiers could not be confirmed, the nation has certainly been involved in training opposition fighters, espionage, providing weapons and ammunition and a limited number of air strikes.

But if their role in the conflict increases, they are likely to come into further friction with other key players in the region, particularly Turkey and Russia. In his debriefing with the American politicians, the Jordanian monarch described a tense stand-off between Turkish, Israeli and Russian war planes.

Jordan has been a constant ally with the U.S. for decades, Turkey's Erdogan is a staunch Muslim with, apparently, designs on an Islamic state. Don't know. I am sure others here will enlighten me.

drunkenshoe

QuoteAlthough Turkey and Jordan are officially allies, the refugee crisis has heightened tensions between the two nations. King Abdullah is understood to have been angered by the EU's generous offer of cash and diplomatic ties in return for Turkey limiting the onward flow of refugees into the continent.

So he is saying this because he is angered by a traditional sham deal between Turkey and EU? He wants money from EU too? Or he demands political rights of some sort? I don't get what's the deal here that is suppoed to be the news.

QuoteIslamist militants were being "manufactured in Turkey" and "unleashed" into Europe.

Yeah possibly. If you think they are being easily 'manufactured' in Europe and most of the terrorists attack there are European born, why not in Turkey. Turkey is the geographical border between Europe-ME. It's the 'door'.

Everything going to Europe goes through Turkey. Where do they think their dope, drugs comes from? People are the easiest thing to 'smuggle' in somewhere if done right.

Ground breaking news posted for my attention. I did my duty. Carry On. :biggrin:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 28, 2016, 10:07:28 AM

Ground breaking news posted for my attention. I did my duty. Carry On. :biggrin:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/08/14/signs-of-narcissism_n_4696772.html

Quote4. They always manage to make the conversation about themselves.

“You could start talking to a person about how you have cancer, and pretty soon you’re talking about their new car,” Campbell explains.

drunkenshoe

Yeah because what the King of an Arab state said about another muslim country -or about anywhere else for that matter- would be an important piece of news for you to post as a thread in the forum, right? Where is Jordan on the map, strom?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2016, 08:57:46 AMJordan has been a constant ally with the U.S. for decades, Turkey's Erdogan is a staunch Muslim with, apparently, designs on an Islamic state. Don't know. I am sure others here will enlighten me.
I'd have to check back with you after this allegation hits snopes.  There's a flurry of allegations against Turkey from Russia and now from Jordan, and it's hard to tell what's a feud-motivated hit piece and what's legit.  And actually creating ISIS fighters is a serious enough allegation that it warrants corroboration.  So I'm Swiss about that right now.

However, it is has been established that Turkey has had ties to ISIS, which hasn't exactly endeared it to the anti-ISIS nations.

stromboli

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/08/14/signs-of-narcissism_n_4696772.html

Quote14. Everything is personal.

Particularly in the quieter narcissists, there may not be signs of overt self-reference and promotion. But there is defensiveness and reactive anger if they are not recognized or if they can’t get their way. “If you do something to [the narcissist] that he doesn’t like, it means you’re against him or you don’t understand him,” Krizan explains.

drunkenshoe

What is there to get Swiss on it, Hydra? That man would do anything for power esp. NOW in the last couple of years because a tons of serious stuff happening here which you are not even remotely reading anything about.

drunkenshoe

stromboli

Nothing in either thread is directed at you personally. The fact that you took it upon yourself to identify it as personal is classic narcissism. You PMing me when I left previously, practically demanding I come back on the forum. You don't get it. Nothing is directed at you and I have never pointed any post at you except in response. The animosity if it exists is in your head.

You took a dislike to me for your own reasons. You need to understand that this forum to me is of lesser importance, and diminishing even more. My self worth is not based on anything on the forum or anything you do or say, so attack away at your leisure. I have a long list of things that are of greater importance to me than the forum and you are not on the list at all.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2016, 12:09:24 PM
Nothing in either thread is directed at you personally. The fact that you took it upon yourself to identify it as personal is classic narcissism. You PMing me when I left previously, practically demanding I come back on the forum. You don't get it. Nothing is directed at you and I have never pointed any post at you except in response. The animosity if it exists is in your head.

You took a dislike to me for your own reasons. You need to understand that this forum to me is of lesser importance, and diminishing even more. My self worth is not based on anything on the forum or anything you do or say, so attack away at your leisure. I have a long list of things that are of greater importance to me than the forum and you are not on the list at all.

I wasn't even serious in my remark if it wasn't for your ridiculous follow up and just typed it to tease you. With a smilie. If it^ is that simple why are you writing me a novel on a pm I wrote you almost a year ago. You didn't deserve any of my attention-concern with that pm or the other one which you gave a shitty response in the forum. My general reaction to you the same I am giving to pr. Put on ignore, do not read them. Stop dramatising it.

PS I found your high IQ thread funny from the point of nonbelivers' aspects seeing themselves always more intelligent than others. Which is bullshit. Exactly like I wrote there. I didn't think once that it has anything to do with me. Why the fuck I would think it is about me when I wrote against the topic at every opportunity.

Baruch

He he ... atheism is like Lake Woebegone ... every atheist is above average.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.