News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My friend.

Started by AspiringParagon, March 24, 2013, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnmelt

So let me get this straight... Your friendship is at risk over a GAME..???!!!!!!

REALLY???!!!!!
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

Plu

QuoteSo let me get this straight... Your friendship is at risk over a GAME..???!!!!!!]

That seems rather mild, actually. If you look at football, they kill and/or maim each other over a game.

Hydra009

Quote from: "mnmelt"So let me get this straight... Your friendship is at risk over a GAME..???!!!!!!

REALLY???!!!!!
Not really.  OP is frustrated that his/her friend holds irrational opinions and stubbornly refuses admit error or deal with the topic rationally.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"There were a few words in there ^ that I recognized.  
 :rollin:
You should hear the Teamspeak channel sometimes.  It's like listening to the police band with all the technical terms they use.   :-?

And what makes it worse is that individual mmos often have their own unique lingo, to say nothing of separate gaming genres (RTS, FPS, Fighting).  It can be a bit daunting for new players - let alone non-gamers - but it's really just a small list of basic terms incrementally built on throughout the years as new games come to the fore and add to it.  You're supposed to ease into it, not take it all in at once.

*looks around*   Hey...no can find......da babysteps for dis  (?)

:-"
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

AspiringParagon

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"There were a few words in there ^ that I recognized.  
 :rollin:
You should hear the Teamspeak channel sometimes.  It's like listening to the police band with all the technical terms they use.   :-?

And what makes it worse is that individual mmos often have their own unique lingo, to say nothing of separate gaming genres (RTS, FPS, Fighting).  It can be a bit daunting for new players - let alone non-gamers - but it's really just a small list of basic terms incrementally built on throughout the years as new games come to the fore and add to it.  You're supposed to ease into it, not take it all in at once.

One of those things that makes gaming communities so endearing. :-D

AspiringParagon

Re:
Quote from: "mnmelt"So let me get this straight... Your friendship is at risk over a GAME..???!!!!!!

REALLY???!!!!!

:-s  I did not, even once, say that. Please read carefully and try not to stick words in my mouth.  :-|  I said this aspect of his is greatly irritating, but he is still my friend. Honestly, with this outlook he has, I think I am going to have to look after him more closely for some time yet until he gets his mind straightened out.

AspiringParagon

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"ELI5: A class is basically your character's combat job or specialty, eg. fighter, mage, thief, etc. if we're talking fantasy realm. Balance between classes is important in these type of games, and developers don't always get it right, particularly in MMO's with predicting how people will play the characters, so they nerf, or lower the strength of some abilities and stats, to try and bring an overpowered class in line with everyone else. They tend to swing it back and forth with it a lot of times with patches trying to keep the game balanced based on how the game's being played.

Regarding the OP, my advice is this and I'm assuming here you're fairly young: Most of your current friends are going to drop by the wayside at each phase change in your life and new ones will replace, whether you argue about stupid shit or get along great. It sucks to lose friends, but it will happen. No ifs ands or buts.

When you graduate from high school, when you graduate college, each time you change jobs, when you get married and/or have kids, when you or friends move. You will lose touch with a lot of people, outside of Facebook, with each event whether you think you will or not. The best you can do is have a core group of loyal friends that you can always count on no matter the state lines. Fringe friends will come and go. Enjoy the time you have, but don't sweat it hard if they drive you up a wall too often and you drift apart.

Thank you very much. That was actually constructive and reassuring information on the subject that can actually be of use.  :)  I know not if this will be the case between me and him since we can't see eye to eye all that well a good chunk of the time, but I have always wanted to find more like minded fellows in our species. Maybe my move to Chicago in the next week will bring up this opportunity. Thanks again, BarkAtTheMoon.

AspiringParagon

REALLY???!!!!!
Not really.  OP is frustrated that his/her friend holds irrational opinions and stubbornly refuses admit error or deal with the topic rationally.

Thank you, Hydra009. You are one of two helpful people in this topic. Refer to his post for summation and clarity.

mnmelt

Quote from: "AspiringParagon"

REALLY???!!!!!

:-s  I did not, even once, say that. Please read carefully and try not to stick words in my mouth.  :-|  I said this aspect of his is greatly irritating, but he is still my friend. Honestly, with this outlook he has, I think I am going to have to look after him more closely for some time yet until he gets his mind straightened out.

I wasnt putting words in your mouth.. but the gaming aspect of the issue seemed trivial..
So your friend is an opinionated, irrational asshole basicly?.. Never admits when he's wrong.??..
Thats an "acquaintance" in my friendship book and not worth the time..
Good luck though.. those are difficult people to deal with and almost never change..  ](*,)
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

The Non Prophet

I still say you need better friends if the friendship is that flimsy and unsustainable.