News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is Cultural Marxism?

Started by pr126, March 28, 2016, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on March 31, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
What the hell does it have to do with Marxism??

Anything that does't come out of the brain of Karl Rove ... is Marxist.  Get with the goose step!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: mauricio on March 31, 2016, 02:35:00 AM
Honestly the recent internet usage of cultural marxism seems to me to be something different from the old rightwing conspiracy theory of the frankfurt school subverting western values to facilate the marxist revolution in the west. It seems to be mainly a synonym of social justice warrior that implies they are trying to promote a sort of class struggle rhetoric and marxist critique but in a cultural and ethnic context rather than economic. There seems to be a trend with memes originating from the most nutty parts of the alt right going viral and it's meaning being diluted in it's usage by people who see some sense in the term but do not necessarily buy, know or care about the whole backstory.

Cultural marxism is not a term i would use and do not recommend it, because it is loaded and vague. Stick with SJW and actually articulating your points in long format.

Ideology is all about Daleks ... are you a Gold Dalek or a Silver Dalek?  The end of course is the same ... Exterminate, exterminate!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

"Cultural Marxism = SJWs" Riiiight. New heights reached in AF anti-intellectualism.

The gap between Republicans and secular democrats or may be even the atheist minority is not that big as we wish it to be, is it? May be we are actually getting lucky with Turmp and we are not even aware of it? That's so depressing.

Nope, I am not going to jump into the 'Americans are just stupid, give up' bandwagon. Take that Europe. Ha!

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp