Wow, can't believe I live in this state!

Started by me23, March 29, 2016, 09:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Luckily, there's already a legal challenge. Maybe SCOTUS will be in shape to put an end to these kinds of laws. Also the Attorney General of North Carolina said he isn't going to defend the law in court, so that is also good news.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

That's little peanuts..just overhead John Kaisic on teevee tell us that he doesn't want to get up and tell us how wonderful he is....

HELLO? YOU'RE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY!  NO! Of COURSE not.. You just want us to know that you THINK you're the only one capable of being president.. lol Yes ladies and gentlemen..The pinnical of modesty..running for president.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 29, 2016, 10:54:55 PM
That's little peanuts..just overhead John Kaisic on teevee tell us that he doesn't want to get up and tell us how wonderful he is....

HELLO? YOU'RE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY!  NO! Of COURSE not.. You just want us to know that you THINK you're the only one capable of being president.. lol Yes ladies and gentlemen..The pinnical of modesty..running for president.
Off topic again, but of all the republicans he seems the most sane. Sure, he wants to defend planned parenthood, but it doesn't seem as though he wants to plunge all of America totally into the abyss...and that's why he's not popular with republicans like the assholes in NC.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Kaisich is also an asshole, but he only care about funding himself and his wall street buddies. Fuck everyone else..another Tea Farty asswipe..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: me23 on March 29, 2016, 09:56:45 PM
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/24/471700323/north-carolina-passes-law-blocking-measures-to-protect-lgbt-people

Christianity and bigotry at its best!
Before I even opened the thread, I figured it was about North Carolina.  :-/

We're not only really conservative, but we're like this horribly slowpoke conservative state.  We're the kind of state that's so late to the party that we do regressive stuff that's on the wane even among conservatives.

Other states banning gay marriage through state amendments in the 2000s?  Nah, too early.  Let's pass that amendment in 2012, right as the tide is turning and more people are in favor of allowing gay marriage than banning it.  Yeah, that'll work.

Other states start passing LGBT anti-discrimination laws?  Nah.  Let's fight that, wait around until everyone else is in favor of it, then quietly enact it a couple weeks after Arkansas.

Let's just drag our heels and be like a decade or more behind everyone else.  A real Rip Van Winkle state.  Hell, let's keep a sodomy law in the books just for shits and giggles.  And speaking of shits, let's legislate bathrooms.  Thanks guys, that whole choosing for yourself thing was a real pain.  Really doing us proud.

SGOS

Probably brought to you by the same people that don't want "Big Government" meddling in "Smaller Local Government."

Baruch

You realize that no legislature works for a living?  They simply vote on legislation proposed by lobbyists, that are cooked up in conservative think tanks.  The whole America thing is over ... the people aren't good enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I've lived in NC almost my entire life and I do blame Christians for this law and the constitutional ban on gay marriage.

widdershins

Quote from: SGOS on March 30, 2016, 04:36:42 AM
Probably brought to you by the same people that don't want "Big Government" meddling in "Smaller Local Government."
LOL, that is just gold.
This sentence is a lie...

_Xenu_

Let them pass whatever they want. The tide is strong and obviously moving in a certain way.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 30, 2016, 06:23:59 AM
You realize that no legislature works for a living?  They simply vote on legislation proposed by lobbyists, that are cooked up in conservative think tanks.  The whole America thing is over ... the people aren't good enough.

Indeed, I think that "the whole America thing" ended on December 23, 2000, when the Constitution was abrogated in order for the ultraconservative neo-cons to obtain their desired puppet. The only time they ever mention the Constitution is when it works for them - otherwise they forget about it. The land is still here, the people are still here, but this is no longer the America that was founded by those who wrote and ratified the Constitution.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

As the Roman Emperors found out, those who live by the Pretorian Guard die by the Pretorian Guard.  The Deep State since circa 1940 has been undermining the legitimacy of the State they are supposed to be working for, with endless "ends justify the means" actions.  America is like Vietnam circa 1968 ... the only way these guys can think to save it, is to destroy it.  They are the guys who thought we did nothing wrong or stupid in Vietnam.  Ultimately ultimate power produces Bush and Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T40mDHDKqWM&list=PLjT3Z589ba7Pdcy5fDKpWMMp1JmbfwaZl

Hail Caesar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.