Study: People With Higher IQs Don't Require A Large Social Circle

Started by stromboli, March 24, 2016, 04:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on August 30, 2016, 08:13:42 PM
Intelligent people, more than anyone, understand how little they know. It's often people that know little that think they know everything.

Dunningâ€"Kruger.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

doorknob

Shiranu

I have been consistently expanding my social circle for the last 4 months or so, and frankly it's the happiest I have been. There is literally no store in San Marcos or chill out place where I don't run into someone I know and have a short convo each day.

Today I had about...8 or so of those moments, and I was barely outside. It is great to feel like a celebrity almost with how happy people are to randomly see you again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

I must be brilliant…but, I don't give a fuck if you care….so there.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

DeltaEpsilon

The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Mike Cl

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on August 30, 2016, 07:00:23 AM
I'd say that smarted people interact on their own terms rather than needing to be in a herd and 'entertained' en masse....
That's an entertaining thought.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on August 30, 2016, 08:13:42 PM
Intelligent people, more than anyone, understand how little they know. It's often people that know little that think they know everything.
That idea was the inspiration for my tagline.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on August 30, 2016, 07:34:21 PM
I am constantly reading, across multiple subjects.  I have always done that.  That improved my language development, because I liked to read good writers ... mostly non-fiction too.  Skill is practice, practice, practice.
That's the thing I admire about you, Baruch. You probably have one of the broadest knowledge bases, of anyone I know. I know some prolific readers, but they're usually fiction readers.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Nothing wrong with fiction, or reading or writing fiction.  My daughter enjoyed writing fan-fiction when she was a teen.  It exercises the imagination.  But if all you do is exercise your gonads. you aren't getting a full workout.  Fiction to non-fiction is like sugar to meat.  A little sugar goes a long way.  I am currently working thru the 6 books that translate the Star Wars movies into Shakespeare.  Forsooth, yonder I see the Death Star ... fie upon thee, Darth Vader!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2016, 10:12:36 AM
Nothing wrong with fiction, or reading or writing fiction.  My daughter enjoyed writing fan-fiction when she was a teen.  It exercises the imagination.  But if all you do is exercise your gonads. you aren't getting a full workout.  Fiction to non-fiction is like sugar to meat.  A little sugar goes a long way.  I am currently working thru the 6 books that translate the Star Wars movies into Shakespeare.  Forsooth, yonder I see the Death Star ... fie upon thee, Darth Vader!

I saw those in the book store, but I'm not much of a Star Wars guy. I'm more of a Trekkie.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on September 12, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
I saw those in the book store, but I'm not much of a Star Wars guy. I'm more of a Trekkie.

Write your own fan fiction then ;-)

Yonder science officer doth remind me of Puck ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I have a shelf-full of Star Trek books.  They are generally better than the original series shows, which themselves were underated. Granted they are only 3' of the 60' I have of sci-fi books in general.   

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

randomvim

I dont agree with this one. id question a person  if they said i had a high iq just as i would if they said low. but i dont hang about large quantities of people.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Unbeliever

I don't know about this either, but my social circle is on the order of 1, and I have an IQ somewhere in the range of this guy:

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

randomvim

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 12, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
I don't know about this either, but my social circle is on the order of 1, and I have an IQ somewhere in the range of this guy:

impresive. that guy was intellegant. sad he had depression.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk