News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Most Stupid T-Shirt Ever Created.

Started by Fluffhead, March 24, 2013, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special B

That shirt kind of seems like an argument against god, if you think about it.

So god, an all powerful being, isn't allowed in secular schools... so people are shot to death?

Is he not powerful enough to break U.S. laws? The shooters can break the law, but god can't?

Or is he just punishing the children out of spite?

It's either a weak, worthless god, or a mean, spiteful one (or, in reality, an imaginary one). Anyone that prays to such a god deserves ridicule.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

stromboli

Quote from: "Special B"That shirt kind of seems like an argument against god, if you think about it.

So god, an all powerful being, isn't allowed in secular schools... so people are shot to death?

Is he not powerful enough to break U.S. laws? The shooters can break the law, but god can't?

Or is he just punishing the children out of spite?

It's either a weak, worthless god, or a mean, spiteful one (or, in reality, an imaginary one). Anyone that prays to such a god deserves ridicule.

It doesn't take a large amount of logic to see the fallacy in what the tshirt claims. An all powerful, all knowing God can't step in and defend children in a public school because Christian prayer is not mandated within? Quite a stretch, considering said God has a pissed poor track record of answering prayer to begin with.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Sleeper"It's pissing in the face of the victims and their families. These people do actually believe in God - did they forget that? They believe that a being exists that could have intervened and didn't. So now they're going to take that fact and easily and calmly sweep it under the "his-mysterious-works/he'll-make-it-right-in-the-end" rug, and use the horror and despair of the families as an opportunity to pout and feel sorry for themselves and make a political point? No, you deplorable vermin, you don't get to do that. It's insensitive, rude, despicable, smarmy, and sub-civil (I know - what's new?)

The people who make such points are either (a) not thinking about it at all, (b) hogshit stupid, or (c) both. And instead of making fun of them I hope that you all would take the chance to tell them so.

Sorry - do what you wish with them, this shit just pisses me off and they shouldn't get away with it.

QFT
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Validus

What I find very odd is that Christians and Muslims are perfectly free to pray in school.  I remember seeing Christians sitting together and "saying grace" at lunchtime and the rest of us just smirked at the thought of thanking anyone for the shit food we got in public schools.

The rule is there cannot be Leading of Prayer by teachers or staff.

So this just adds another layer of idiocy to what is already an astonishingly idiotic Christian statement.
"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes also into you." ~F. Nietzsche (1844-1900)

widdershins

If you hear them talk about it kids will be arrested and put to death for being caught praying in school.  They've built this entire delusional world which they actually think is reality where we "evil secularists" who want nothing more than for our children and ourselves to not be included in or inconvenienced by their religious rituals are out to get them.  I've heard claims that Obama is building secret concentration camps for Christians, even secret camps where our children will be taken to and schooled without parents being able to interfere.  Once the children of of school age they will be taken away from parents and sent to one of these schools.  They will be allowed a 2 week visit per year with their parents.  You know how it is.  Those damned liberals want to indoctrinate your kids by not teaching them about God.
This sentence is a lie...

Validus

I get so tired of these types of Right-wing paranoid fantasies that NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPEN and never will.
"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes also into you." ~F. Nietzsche (1844-1900)

Colanth

Quote from: "widdershins"If you hear them talk about it kids will be arrested and put to death for being caught praying in school.  They've built this entire delusional world
They've been doing it for 2,000 years.  Like the delusional world in which Christians were martyred in the first century.

Anyone wearing a shirt like that is merely proclaiming his own stupidity.  (Or, at best, gullibility.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

ApostateLois

Quote from: "widdershins"If you hear them talk about it kids will be arrested and put to death for being caught praying in school.  They've built this entire delusional world which they actually think is reality where we "evil secularists" who want nothing more than for our children and ourselves to not be included in or inconvenienced by their religious rituals are out to get them.  I've heard claims that Obama is building secret concentration camps for Christians, even secret camps where our children will be taken to and schooled without parents being able to interfere.  Once the children of of school age they will be taken away from parents and sent to one of these schools.  They will be allowed a 2 week visit per year with their parents.  You know how it is.  Those damned liberals want to indoctrinate your kids by not teaching them about God.

And the thing is, all of their delusions are EASILY disproved, but they don't want to hear it. They claim that kids caught praying will be punished, and other such bullshit, but the fact is, there is nothing preventing students from praying at any time during the school day. If they feel the need to pray before a test, they can offer up a silent prayer as they see fit. I'm pretty sure God will hear that prayer as easily as one that is said aloud. I mean, he has magic mind-reading powers, right? And if students want to get together for a Bible study or prayer session before or after classes, they could do it, probably even on school grounds, and nobody would give a fuck.

What is the big deal about prayer, anyway? If everything that happens is God's will, or at least God allowing it without interfering, then what's the point of praying about it? Either you will pass the test or you won't, and either way, it's God's will. Maybe you didn't pray hard enough, or you masturbated the night before and God is punishing you by making you fail a test. :lol:
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Colanth

Quote from: "ApostateLois"
Quote from: "widdershins"If you hear them talk about it kids will be arrested and put to death for being caught praying in school.  They've built this entire delusional world which they actually think is reality where we "evil secularists" who want nothing more than for our children and ourselves to not be included in or inconvenienced by their religious rituals are out to get them.  I've heard claims that Obama is building secret concentration camps for Christians, even secret camps where our children will be taken to and schooled without parents being able to interfere.  Once the children of of school age they will be taken away from parents and sent to one of these schools.  They will be allowed a 2 week visit per year with their parents.  You know how it is.  Those damned liberals want to indoctrinate your kids by not teaching them about God.

And the thing is, all of their delusions are EASILY disproved, but they don't want to hear it. They claim that kids caught praying will be punished, and other such bullshit, but the fact is, there is nothing preventing students from praying at any time during the school day. If they feel the need to pray before a test, they can offer up a silent prayer as they see fit. I'm pretty sure God will hear that prayer as easily as one that is said aloud. I mean, he has magic mind-reading powers, right? And if students want to get together for a Bible study or prayer session before or after classes, they could do it, probably even on school grounds, and nobody would give a fuck.
It's not praying that's their concern, it's being seen praying that they want.  And we're not letting them do that at any time their little hearts desire.

QuoteWhat is the big deal about prayer, anyway? If everything that happens is God's will, or at least God allowing it without interfering, then what's the point of praying about it? Either you will pass the test or you won't, and either way, it's God's will. Maybe you didn't pray hard enough, or you masturbated the night before and God is punishing you by making you fail a test. :lol:
Again, they don't pray to change God's will, they pray to be seen praying.  It's a mortal sin (pride), but when has something being prohibited in the Bible ever stopped Christianity from demanding that it be done?  Jebus himself supposedly told them not to pray in public, which is probably why they demand the right to do it.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.