More mayhem around trump rally in arizona and in new york.

Started by mauricio, March 20, 2016, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 21, 2016, 03:11:30 PM
Yeah. If he did nothing but put his inheritance into a fund and fingered his asshole for the next 40 years, he'd have about twice the money he has now. People act surprised he's so rich, but anyone can end up rich with a successful businessman for a father and 100 million bucks in inheritance.

And this man will make decisions about the economy of a country like United States of America? Great. It's like a nightmare getting more scary by the day.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 03:33:04 PM
And this man will make decisions about the economy of a country like United States of America? Great. It's like a nightmare getting more scary by the day.
Nightmare?  That's a kind word to use.  Trump and Cruz are both batshit crazy scary!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 21, 2016, 04:07:26 PM
Nightmare?  That's a kind word to use.  Drumpf and Cruz are both batshit crazy scary!!!!

You haven't been to my nightmares.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 21, 2016, 04:28:23 PM
That's true--don't like nightmares or batshit crazy.

yeah I have a complicated relationship with dreams and nightmares-esp. with sleep paralysis. You helped me big time in emptying my mind though. *Hugs.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 04:34:17 PM
yeah I have a complicated relationship with dreams and nightmares-esp. with sleep paralysis. You helped me big time in emptying my mind though. *Hugs.
I am pleased to have served. :))

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 09:09:20 AM
Baruch, whatever will happen now, it will be worse than what happened 55 years ago.

Maybe, nobody knows.  Claiming one knows is ... arrogant.  It is more complicated than putting a gun to one's head ... I can make reasonable predictions about what happens if I pull the trigger.  Not too many reasonable predictions if Nixon gets elected ... that is a matter of ideology, not epistemology.  Things would not be pretty if I ruled with an iron fist using my ideology.  I prefer to be anonymous, powerless, poor and modest.  Not that I will inherit with the meek or anything like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 21, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
A handful of people getting beat up isn't exactly the same thing as say an entire section of the nation taking up arms and going to war with the government. Sure there are probably plenty of people who would love to have a nice sanitary civil war, but wars aren't really sanitary and many, many people get killed and even more end up suffering.
Strange how the people who might think that they might like a nice little war never realize or even think about what happens if they lose that nice little civil war. The chance of being treated very well go down exponentially and it can go on for generations to come.

Exactly.  The Confederates should have thought long and hard about the consequences of their actions, before they fired on Fort Sumpter.  It was a trap laid for them by the wiley Abe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 11:55:23 AM
It's a good point. And there is more. There is MORE of everything now. More people, more problems (real or fake), more bullshit, more anger...etc.

Consumerist utopia ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 03:33:04 PM

The wealthy and powerful, who are often not smart at all, get to make all the decisions.  Always been that way ... no need to pretend.  The history of the Ottoman royal family is a case in point.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.