This week in SJW land: you fucking white male.

Started by mauricio, March 19, 2016, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mauricio

This one is more appropriate for the situation at hand though.

Shiranu

Why does your support of ALM ( enough acronyms ffs... Oh god damn it...) not surprise me. It's as redundant and reactionary as MRA just taken to the next level.

If you think ALM holds any validity then it's clear that trying to explain the nuances of why MRAs are reactionary, redundant air heads is definitely pointless.

Btw, I'm not backing on anything; at their best MRA are reactionary try hards who create a conflict where there is none. They are what you claim SJW to be, just waiving a banner you like better. And like them you spend way too much time actively seeking people you don't like out to complain about and make them far more of a deal then they really are.

Aight, night now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 21, 2016, 01:26:22 AM
Why does your support of ALM ( enough acronyms ffs... Oh god damn it...) not surprise me. It's as redundant and reactionary as MRA just taken to the next level.

If you think ALM holds any validity then it's clear that trying to explain the nuances of why MRAs are reactionary, redundant air heads is definitely pointless.

Btw, I'm not backing on anything; at their best MRA are reactionary try hards who create a conflict where there is none. They are what you claim SJW to be, just waiving a banner you like better. And like them you spend way too much time actively seeking people you don't like out to complain about and make them far more of a deal then they really are.

Aight, night now.

Ah yes those MRAs blowing shit out of proportion is not like i just linked you the article on the duluth model that states:

As of 2006, the Duluth Model is the most common batterer intervention program used in the United States.[2] It is based in feminist theory positing that "domestic violence is the result of patriarchal ideology in which men are encouraged and expected to control their partners".

A U.S. study published in 2002 sponsored by the federal government found that batterers who complete programs based on the Duluth model are less likely to repeat acts of domestic violence than those who do not complete any batterers intervention program."[9]

A 2003 study conducted by the U.S. National Institute of Justice found the Duluth Model to have "little or no effect."[10]

A 2005 study led by Larry Bennett, a professor of social work at the University of Illinois at Chicago and an expert on batterer intervention programs, found that of the 30 batterer intervention programs in Cook County, Illinois, 15 percent of batterers who completed the programs were rearrested for domestic violence, compared with 37 percent of those who dropped out of the programs.[9] However, Bennett said the studies are largely meaningless because they lacked a proper control group.[9] He added that participants who complete domestic violence programs are likely to be more motivated than others to improve behavior and would be less inclined to offend again.[9]

A 2011 review of the effectiveness of batterers intervention programs (BIP) (primarily Duluth Model) found that "there is no solid empirical evidence for either the effectiveness or relative superiority of any of the current group interventions," and that "the more rigorous the methodology of evaluation studies, the less encouraging their findings."[11] That is, as BIPs in general, and Duluth Model programs in particular are subject to increasingly rigorous review, their success rate approaches zero.

Criticism   Edit

Criticism of the Duluth Model has centered on the program's insistence that men are perpetrators who are violent because they have been socialized in a patriarchy that condones male violence, and that women are victims who are violent only in self-defense.[12] Some critics argue that "programs based on the Duluth Model may ignore research linking domestic violence to substance abuse and psychological problems, such as attachment disorders, traced to childhood abuse or neglect, or the absence of a history of adequate socialization and training."[9][13] Others criticize the Duluth model as being overly confrontational rather than therapeutic, focusing solely on changing the abuser's actions and attitudes rather than dealing with underlying emotional and psychological issues.[13] Donald Dutton, a psychology professor at the University of British Columbia who has studied abusive personalities, states: "The Duluth Model was developed by people who didn't understand anything about therapy,"[9] and also points out that "lesbian battering is more frequent than heterosexual battering." [14]

Its proponents counter that the Duluth model is effective and makes best use of scarce resources.[15] However, Ellen Pence herself has written,

"By determining that the need or desire for power was the motivating force behind battering, we created a conceptual framework that, in fact, did not fit the lived experience of many of the men and women we were working with. The DAIP staff [...] remained undaunted by the difference in our theory and the actual experiences of those we were working with [...] It was the cases themselves that created the chink in each of our theoretical suits of armor. Speaking for myself, I found that many of the men I interviewed did not seem to articulate a desire for power over their partner. Although I relentlessly took every opportunity to point out to men in the groups that they were so motivated and merely in denial, the fact that few men ever articulated such a desire went unnoticed by me and many of my coworkers. Eventually, we realized that we were finding what we had already predetermined to find."[16]

The Duluth Model is featured in the documentary Power and Control: Domestic Violence in America with commentary from its authors as well as its main critics, such as Dutton.[17]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes criticizing such a shitty and widespread policy and their proponents/apologists is surely going out of your way to find disagreement. Individuals do not matter ultimately, it's the words that come out of their mouths, for example i do not care about you as a person but i respond to you because you are spreading bullshit. Also finding people who disagree on paternal surrender is fucking easy, just mention it to a couple of people. It's a very complex and controversial topic. Of course there are MRA gender warriors but those are definitly not MRAs at their best.

drunkenshoe

Yes marucio, domestic violence and gender relation is invented and theorised by feminists. And Americans one to be exact. The issue is 10 years old! When they created the Duluth Model they were actually conspiring against American males. In fact the whole Justice Department is against American males. Oh and they all support the idea that males cannot be abused by females and all men are rapists. They are males after all, fuck them, who cares. Feminists are after the world domination and all men will be enslaved in the end. It's too late, they are everywhere. Resistence is futile. Say uncle!

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 06:37:04 AM
Yes marucio, domestic violence and gender relation is invented and theorised by feminists. And Americans one to be exact. The issue is 10 years old! When they created the Duluth Model they were actually conspiring against American males. In fact the whole Justice Department is against American males. Oh and they all support the idea that males cannot be abused by females and all men are rapists. They are males after all, fuck them, who cares. Feminists are after the world domination and all men will be enslaved in the end. It's too late, they are everywhere. Resistence is futile. Say uncle!

Say aunt, you MRA ;-)

In my marriage, I tried the passive-passive model over the passive-aggressive model ... and it still failed.  Neither of us were aggressive to the other, we simply followed the lead of the other, if that other one felt like leading (sometimes more strongly than other times).  I have known couples that were aggressive-aggressive (verbally) ... that definitely seems to be a bad choice.  Relationships have stresses, sometimes long term.  You can bend with it, or get upset over it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Never got married. Because decided that having kids is not something for me. And honestly, around 27-28 I saw that most people usually got married and had kids because they thought that is the next thing in life to do. You know, you graduate and get a job, you get around a little and then you find a mate and procreate. Like a project. Not for me. I believe, it is probably the best decision I made.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 21, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Did you just have a brain aneurysm or something? You seem to be rambling incoherent shit.