This week in SJW land: you fucking white male.

Started by mauricio, March 19, 2016, 09:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
Small parties are not really important. The 4 major ones are, because they symbolise different 'sides'. Also I think the current religious political group at the top see themselves at somewhere higher than mecca. They see themselves as the otttoman sultans. See, all this bloodshed and fight is a result of Erdogan desiring to build the American political system of presidency over here. He wants to be a 'president'.

Did you know that the Turkish name for White House is White 'Palace' (Beyaz Saray)? :lol:

No, I didn't know the Turkish translation for White House ... but I did know that Saray means palace, since that is used for Turkish palaces.

Perhaps you are right ... Erdogan wants to be a President Cheney/Sultan.  It is possible that Turkey needs a new constitution.  France had to experiment with several before they achieved stability is ... 1968 ;-)  Pre-Young-Turk leadership was inclusive, if authoritarian.  They were pro-technology eventually, and pro-Jewish.  History is like billiards ... once the rack is broken by the first shot of the queue ball, they can't be restored, just shot into a pocket.  Turkey can no more escape their history than the US can.  However I have gotten past any shame.  It was what is was, and we can move on (from that point).

IMHO, going back 100 years ago ... it might have been better to have a strong Armenia and strong Kurdistan on the eastern border, that was friendly to Turkey and hostile to Iran (y'all have fought many wars) ... buffer states can be useful, like Belgium is for France.  I realize that Russian Imperial subversion and Iranian subversion played a role in fomenting trouble.  But the bloodletting has taken that off the table.  Turks being in Anatolia for 1000 years ... your presence is more legitimate than mine in the US ;-)

Sucking up to Saudi Arabia, if Saudi Arabia proves unstable ... will backfire on Turkey.  Now Chancellor Merkel is prepared to pay multiple billion Euro bribes to Erdogan to try to stabilize a broken border that can't be fixed.  The horse has left that barn.  Perhaps it would have been wiser to simply do a quid pro quo 10 years ago, let Turkey into the EU ... at the price that they expel all imams back to Riyadh.  Double down on Ataturk's experiment.  A road not taken.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on March 20, 2016, 01:16:52 PM
No, I didn't know the Turkish translation for White House ... but I did know that Saray means palace, since that is used for Turkish palaces.

Perhaps you are right ... Erdogan wants to be a President Cheney/Sultan.  It is possible that Turkey needs a new constitution.  France had to experiment with several before they achieved stability is ... 1968 ;-)  Pre-Young-Turk leadership was inclusive, if authoritarian.  They were pro-technology eventually, and pro-Jewish.  History is like billiards ... once the rack is broken by the first shot of the queue ball, they can't be restored, just shot into a pocket.  Turkey can no more escape their history than the US can.  However I have gotten past any shame.  It was what is was, and we can move on (from that point).

IMHO, going back 100 years ago ... it might have been better to have a strong Armenia and strong Kurdistan on the eastern border, that was friendly to Turkey and hostile to Iran (y'all have fought many wars) ... buffer states can be useful, like Belgium is for France.  I realize that Russian Imperial subversion and Iranian subversion played a role in fomenting trouble.  But the bloodletting has taken that off the table.  Turks being in Anatolia for 1000 years ... your presence is more legitimate than mine in the US ;-)

Sucking up to Saudi Arabia, if Saudi Arabia proves unstable ... will backfire on Turkey.  Now Chancellor Merkel is prepared to pay multiple billion Euro bribes to Erdogan to try to stabilize a broken border that can't be fixed.  The horse has left that barn.  Perhaps it would have been wiser to simply do a quid pro quo 10 years ago, let Turkey into the EU ... at the price that they expel all imams back to Riyadh.  Double down on Ataturk's experiment.  A road not taken.

The Ottoman Empire was collapsed by Turks, Baruch. For your scenario it would be required that Kurds or Armenians fight against the Empire. They FOUGHT FOR the Ottoman Empire along with the British, NOT against it. :lol: These are the sides in the Turkish War of Independence:

Quote-Grand National Assembly; Turks   VS 

-Greece
Armenia
France (until 1921)
France French West Africa
Armenia Armenian Legion
United Kingdom (until 1922)
India
Ottoman Empire
Kuva-yi Inzibatiye
Italy (1919-1921)
United States (naval support)
Kurdish rebels[3]
Çerkes Ethem's rebels (defected to Greeks)[4]
Georgia (border)

Merkel paying money to Turkey for reefuges in bargain for some rights is all hoax; the usual sham fight... don't even pay attention. Bullshit. Saudi Arabia comes with US package anyway. Nobody in the ME likes Erdogan. He is a politician not a religious leader.

Turks are muslims. Doesn't really matter how old they are in Anatolia, there is a ready marketed perception built. They are not even middle eastern, but you know, they are.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

mauricio

Quote from: pr126 on March 20, 2016, 06:58:03 AM
I wonder who is pulling their strings.
Someone is manipulating these people.

White people screaming about white people. Crazy.

http://youtu.be/jVMAkPnS5jI

It's called ideology and not being very smart.

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2016, 08:02:14 AM
Not different than MRA bullshit thrown around or the basic rhetoric imposed by the boys in this forum. It's just one is the sub reactive of another reactive.

Yes, yes the boys on this forums definitly dismiss people based on their sex and race. Is like it has happen too often it wouldn't Be difficult to actually quote someone doing that. Oh wait... Its mainly you who does that. Do you ever get tired of talking out of your ass? And btw a great number of MRA reject identity politics arguments and other flaws they see in the mainstream understanding of gender which is mainly dominated by feminist and traditionalist perspectives, so you won't find that many of them acting like in those videos. Meanwhile the SJW ideology is pretty much entirely based on extreme identity politics where priviliged middle class cunts from the first world tell anyone who disagrees to check their privilige and that they cannot understand their shitty arguments about completely mundane shit cause muh dicks and muh skin color

mauricio

MRA is not the equivalent of SJW. They are the equivalent of feminists with their own subset of gender warriors that are the equivalent of SJW.

Funny how you keep being hypocritical in your characterisation of MRA's by their worst examples in the same way you falsely accused me of doing with feminists.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2016, 03:02:37 PM

Such wit. I have been destroyed by your inability to actually defend your BS with anything intelligeble. I bow before thy.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: mauricio on March 20, 2016, 02:53:00 PM
MRA is not the equivalent of SJW. They are the equivalent of feminists with their own subset of gender warriors that are the equivalent of SJW.

Funny how you keep being hypocritical in your characterisation of MRA's by their worst examples in the same way you falsely accused me of doing with feminists.

MRA are a counter reaction at best to the SJW branch of feminists and not feminism itself, at their worst they are just assholes who need something to cry about. Sorry, that's just how it is.

There is a good example of a MRA? That's news to me. MRA's are just men too short-sighted to see they are fighting for the exact same things feminists are but want to pretend they are "persecuted" and create boogiemen out to get them.

I go to a relatively progressive college in a relatively liberal town. I have never met a SJW or an MRA, and I am on campus often times from 6 in the morning till 9 at night, an interacting with people the whole time. I also hang out at "liberal" coffee bars. Me thinks you spend too much time looking for the people you disagree with, because in the real world, out from behind the youtube camera, they don't seem to exist with any sort of voice.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

According to SJWs I'm an MRA, and according to MRAs I'm a "cuck." Which goes to show that neither is really interested in anything they pay lip service to.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 20, 2016, 06:40:52 PM
According to SJWs I'm an MRA, and according to MRAs I'm a "cuck." Which goes to show that neither is really interested in anything they pay lip service to.

Someone who thinks 'bitch' is like an n word for women cannot get along with any MRAs.

What's a cuck?

drunkenshoe

Also can we remove that BETA smilie please. I keep forgeting to post.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2016, 06:43:23 PM
Someone who thinks 'bitch' is like an n word for women cannot get along with any MRAs.

What's a cuck?
Short for cuckhold, and no, I don't know why that's their go-to insult.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mermaid

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 20, 2016, 06:45:58 PM
Short for cuckhold, and no, I don't know why that's their go-to insult.

Because it means the husband of a woman who cheats on him due to his sexual inadequacy. And I think she doesn't fuck him at all, too. Sounds to me that there is no greater insult. If the gender roles were reversed, it has a completely different connotation.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR