State Of The Word Address, OP/ED

Started by Brian37, March 19, 2016, 09:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I will always keep repeating that there is no such thing as a utopia in an imperfect reality on a diverse planet of 7 billion. None of us can get off this rock in mass to get away from things we don't like. But humanity DOES have a choice in moving forward. We can murder each other needlessly, which solves nothing, or we can face the fact this is the only home all 7 billion of us have.

Now let me clue every Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Atheist, every economic liberal, and every economic conservative in on something. Money always equals power, in every aspect of life. Money is collected by religion through donations, collection plates and charities. Political parties collect money to compete, and in closed states with closed markets they do it by taxes and power over their investments in the global market. Theocracies like Iran and Saudi Arabia do the same.

This isn't for the fascists or the oppressive states that or despots. This is for the west and everyone in it  of every economic ilk. It is way past time more of the workers of the world and the poor of the world to understand global corporatism has no boarders. The planet already has a dictatorship in the form of a plutocracy. The good thing is that the middle class and the poor of the world outnumber the few uber rich of the world. NO NO NO NO, I am not suggesting more war. But a global awareness that we can tell these few that they do not own the planet and that because they do have the most power they have responsibility not to profits, but to humanity. To make money is fine, but it has to be constructive and forward looking. It has to be about problem solving and about creating more global stability.

The days of selfishness have to die, not the free market, no, but just the attitude that profits are the only thing that matter. That is short term and selfish thinking. All 7 billion of us depend on the same planet, and need the same things and if we do not take care of this planet and we fight over boarders and ideology, those distractions will shorten our species ride. It is way past time the uber rich of the world stop thinking about themselves.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Baruch

Would be nice if people ... were nice.  Would be nice if people ... were sane.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.