News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What Muslims Think (poll)

Started by The Atheist, March 17, 2016, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Atheist

I got these graphs from pewresearch.org.

Some people think that Islam isn't a threat to civilization and that all religions are equal, but the truth is that there can exist evil religions. In the 21st century, Islam poses a fundamental threat to western civilization. The values of secular society and those of Islam are antithetical,. No compromise is possible, because as long as people follow a warrior prophet, there will always be a minority of those followers who take the warrior prophet's words in the most literal way.

It only takes a minority to wreck the world. It only took a minority to carry out 9/11 and every other terrorist attack across the globe. It only takes one to be a suicide bomber. It only took a few to shoot up the stadium in Paris. It will only take a few to detonate a nuclear bomb in Manhattan or in DC.

We live in a free society (still). Anyone is free to be Muslim, but freedom is a two-way road. If you wish to follow a batsh*t crazy religion, then I have the freedom to call you batsh*t crazy. Part of living in a free society is taking responsibility for our actions. If someone chooses to be a Nazi or a Muslim or a member of the Ku Klux Klan, they should be prepared to face scrutiny.

Look at these alarming graphs below. This is what we'll be fighting in the coming decades. Get ready.

"I will take China's Great Wall because they owe us so much money, and I will place it on the Mexican border."

-Ronald Rump

mauricio

And what do you think we should do to neutralize this threat?

pr126

Quote from: mauricio on March 17, 2016, 10:57:33 PM
Threat? What threat?
We invite them to our countries by the millions, so we can feel warm and fluffy inside that we help those poor people to get a better life.

At our expense. Even if it destroys our way of life. And breaks our economy. Or threatens our security.
Who cares about the increase in crime, rapes, destruction of property?

The end justifies the means. The utopia of the global village.
Unfortunately, utopias have a habit to end up in wars, misery and piles of corpses.

But this time it will work!

The Atheist

Quote from: mauricio on March 17, 2016, 10:57:33 PM

As we spread the word about the evils of Islam, we have to convince people to give up Islam. Most religious people don't like giving up all faith, so I suggest that we help Christians proselytize to Muslims. (I chose Christianity because it's the most similar religion to Islam.) If we can reveal all the silliness of the Quran while glorifying Christianity, we can make Islam a shameful taboo on a level comparable to communism and the KKK.

It really needs to start with the young people. We could emphasize the many young Muslims who convert to Christianity, especially the ones who've made radical positive changes in their lives since converting.

We can't eradicate Islam in our lifetimes. But we can actively minimize it, and the fewer Muslims there are, the less likely we are to have problems.

For starters, I recommend that we spend less time attacking the Bible and more time attacking the Quran. Every bit helps. Maybe a young Muslim will find your criticisms of the Quran and that will be the catalyst to make him doubt Islam just enough to avoid becoming a suicide bomber.
"I will take China's Great Wall because they owe us so much money, and I will place it on the Mexican border."

-Ronald Rump

pr126

QuoteWe can't eradicate Islam in our lifetimes. But we can actively minimize it, and the fewer Muslims there are, the less likely we are to have problems.
Well, for now we are doing exactly the opposite.

We encourage it, finance it, supplying it with weapons, invite it to our countries, into our governments, schools, and we are promoting Islam any which way we can.

QuoteFor starters, I recommend that we spend less time attacking the Bible and more time attacking the Quran. Every bit helps.
Not on this forum.

Islam is happening to other people, far away. It's someone else's problem.
Christianity is here and now, about to impose theocracy. That's more of a worry.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 18, 2016, 04:37:41 AM

We encourage it, finance it, supplying it with weapons, invite it to our countries, into our governments, schools, and we are promoting Islam any which way we can.
Not on this forum.

Christianity is here and now, about to impose theocracy. That's more of a worry.

I live closer to Texas than to Iraq ;-)  Ted Cruz might be elected, and outlaw Jews (along with a lot of other folks).

And yes, the EU seems to have tried to form a Utopia (Thomas Moore) not realizing that New Atlantis (Francis Bacon) has already been achieved.  Utopias are always dystopian ... including New Atlantis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: stromboli on March 18, 2016, 08:20:05 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31b_1458248058

Among all those really dangerous, organised sharia supporters in Turkey, is that what Liveleak took seriously as an example?  Western perspective of 'sharia threat'.  Oy vey...  That's actually more frightening than whole 'sharia threat' itself.

He is a well known character and has more sensational videos on atheists/atheism than that one if you are interested in him. He goes around and asks males of certain ages in certain places the same questions. There is a famous video of him where he is talking with a man who is 'explaining' how women are demons created to seduce men. It's pretty funny.

But I can't find any of it, because it is probbaly removed for hate speech. Anyway, you can obviously find it among Liveleak. :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

If you guys are crazy about sensational bullshit like that I can find pretty good stuff from here and translate it.  But it really doesn't mean shit, just so you know.

There is also pretty funny stuff. But I don't think you could place it into anything and have fun.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Here is a famous example. Adnan Oktar (Harun Yahya) converting an 'atheist' lady called Anita. I think this is from his tv channel. Not sure. Or some show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps811on_X70

The Atheist

Quote from: pr126 on March 18, 2016, 04:37:41 AM

Not on this forum.

For now, I'm concerned with minimizing Islam in America. I don't interact with Muslims in real life because they're wacko, but I do online, and I've been able to convince at least two to question the Quran. It's not a huge achievement, but ideas can spread; maybe each of them will convince two or more people, and so on and so on.

The only people who worry about "Christian theocracy" are the delusional atheists. (No offense meant.) Right now in 2016, Islam is the real threat to civilization. An Islamic theocracy is much worse than a Christian theocracy. (What is a "Christian theocracy" anyway? I live in Pennsylvania near the Amish. The Amish can be considered a "Christian theocracy." Maybe you're thinking of the Inquisition? Even the Inquisition shrinks in comparison to what the Islamic world desires for us.)

The point I was trying to get across in my OP is that we need to exterminate Islam in the west. According to a Gallop poll, ~24% of American Muslims favor Sharia law over secular law. ~22% of British Muslim university students would not report a fellow Muslim whom they knew was involved in a terrorist plot. ~25% of British Muslims believe that suicide bombins are justified. ~23% of American Muslims believe that violence against Jews is always justifiable.

An interesting pattern emerges if you look at polls in predominantly Muslim nations. As the percentage of a populatio that's Muslim increases, the percentages who favor those things I mention above increases. Islam is rapidly growing in the west. It stands to reason that more Muslims will support these things as Islam becomes more common in the west.

-Ronald Rump

Baruch

In countries with few Americans ... apple pie isn't a big deal.  But in countries with many Americans ... apple pie is much more important.  Obviously if you let in too many Americans, there will be a greater demand for apple pie.

Sorry, Ted Cruz is far more dangerous than ISIS.  The ISIS guys won't get too far with all the good old boys around here, but with Ted Cruz the good old boys will be supporting him ;-(  Ted Cruz isn't Amish, or even Mormon.  He has a messianic complex bigger than Hillary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

mauricio

The in-group out-group bias in the muslim commuties we need to target is too strong for trying to convert them to alien values and systems like christianity or secularism. Imo what we need to do is promote reformers who make theological arguments to push more secular friendly interpretations of islam and slowly teach them about secular values as something which is compatible with their cultural identity rather than a subversion of it.

pr126

Quote from: mauricio on March 18, 2016, 08:36:50 PM
The in-group out-group bias in the muslim commuties we need to target is too strong for trying to convert them to alien values and systems like christianity or secularism. Imo what we need to do is promote reformers who make theological arguments to push more secular friendly interpretations of islam and slowly teach them about secular values as something which is compatible with their cultural identity rather than a subversion of it.
Where is this more secular friendly interpretations of islam in their scriptures?
Could you point me to those verses?
How could I have missed them?

Are you aware of the concept of abrogation in Islam?

How can an infidel (see Quran 8:22) comment, let alone teach a Muslim (see Quran 3:110) about his faith?

pr126

The Atheist wrote:
QuoteAn interesting pattern emerges if you look at polls in predominantly Muslim nations. As the percentage of a populatio that's Muslim increases, the percentages who favor those things I mention above increases. Islam is rapidly growing in the west. It stands to reason that more Muslims will support these things as Islam becomes more common in the west.
Yes, and as the numbers increase the Muslims will influence the political process (they already do) to an extent when the state will become Islamic, and sharia will be implemented.

Sharia as a law is not only for Muslims, but everybody.
The non Muslim populations will become dhimmis.

Anyone can easily find out how Islam treats minorities. It is no secret.