News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Papercraft I've Designed

Started by gentle_dissident, March 17, 2016, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

I grew up hand drawing papercraft. Here are some CGI efforts.

I have this on RPG Now.

Here are some pieces made for a gaming papercraft group.

PickelledEggs

Mike Cl

I have to echo Pickles on this.  Those are great!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Are those taped, glued, or just folded together?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

gentle_dissident

Quote from: kilodelta on March 17, 2016, 06:27:46 PM
Are those taped, glued, or just folded together?
I use Elmer's white glue.

Thanks for the comments, all.

gentle_dissident

Here's the sheet for the rocket. I'll see if I can find a bigger pic when I get back from work.

kilodelta

Quote from: gentle_dissident on March 17, 2016, 06:30:29 PM
I use Elmer's white glue.

Thanks for the comments, all.

Elmer's is difficult to work with. Good job.

Honestly, I would rather eat Elmer's than use it for anything.

SGOS

Quote from: kilodelta on March 17, 2016, 06:41:31 PM
Elmer's is difficult to work with. Good job.

Honestly, I would rather eat Elmer's than use it for anything.

I made my own glue laminated beams for my ceiling using Elmer's Carpenter's Glue (the tan colored stuff).  3 gallons of the stuff.  It holds shit together.  the beams are still there after 30 years, too.

SGOS

kilodelta

Quote from: SGOS on March 17, 2016, 06:50:11 PM
I made my own glue laminated beams for my ceiling using Elmer's Carpenter's Glue (the tan colored stuff).  3 gallons of the stuff.  It holds shit together.  the beams are still there after 30 years, too.

Yeah. It's not really the brand, but the white glue they made us use in school. It always ruined construction paper.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: kilodelta on March 17, 2016, 07:10:06 PM
Yeah. It's not really the brand, but the white glue they made us use in school. It always ruined construction paper.
That was probably school glue. I use Elmer's Glue-All. However, back when I was building things from construction paper, I used tape.

gentle_dissident

I designed the rocket papercraft from my vector art that can be seen on the page. I'm guessing the shorter fins were a last minute conservation of time and space maneuver.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

gentle_dissident

I couldn't find a bigger pic o the ship model. Here's the tank model. There are more pics in the folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5jvzi9diigp5cu/tractor_tank.zip
This is not my police box design. I filled the inside with light and sound. The light is from a dollar toy. The sound box is for a stuffed animal. It's all installed with bamboo, tin foil, card stock, and electrical tape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbug5boCbY
If anyone wants help getting started, let me know the theme of a papercraft you'd like to build, and I'll search my archives that I made in case someone breaks the internet to find you an easy start.

kilodelta