Started by Fluffhead, March 24, 2013, 04:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffhead

=D>
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

SilentFutility

:lol: I saw one in which Homer was being swept away by a tornado, and said words to the effect of "if you don't help me now god, what am I paying you for every sunday?"

Fluffhead

yea that one was awesome,i still wonder how many good religious and political jokes fox censored from Simpsons. They should move to comedy central instead.

how a tornado is made
[size=150]
[/size][/color]

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait! You mean there's a new show called the Simposons? :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

the_antithesis

The hell are The Simposons?

Fluffhead

Quote from: "the_antithesis"The hell are The Simposons?
fast fingers
[size=150]
[/size][/color]

AllPurposeAtheist

Wow..a new show called the Simposons about a suburban family of fast fingers.. That'll be a hit. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

hrdlr110

Suppose we've chosen the wrong god, every time we go to church, we're just making him madder and madder! HS
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Jedster

Homer Simpson talking to God: "Here's the deal: you freeze everything as it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. [no response] OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of cookies and milk. If you want me to eat them for you, please give me no sign. [no response] Thy will be done." The Simpsons: And Maggie Makes Three (Fox television broadcast, Jan. 22, 1995).

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Fluffhead"yea that one was awesome,i still wonder how many good religious and political jokes fox censored from Simpsons. They should move to comedy central instead.
I kind of doubt they're censored much anymore. Simpsons haven't really been the show at the front of the line pushing those boundaries in a long time. Family Guy is on fox, too, and pushes the line much further. FX, also owned by fox, is going as hard or harder than other channels these days and most of their shows outside of Archer are live action, not animated.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Poison Tree

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "Fluffhead"yea that one was awesome,i still wonder how many good religious and political jokes fox censored from Simpsons. They should move to comedy central instead.
I kind of doubt they're censored much anymore. Simpsons haven't really been the show at the front of the line pushing those boundaries in a long time. Family Guy is on fox, too, and pushes the line much further. FX, also owned by fox, is going as hard or harder than other channels these days and most of their shows outside of Archer are live action, not animated.
When I searched "fox censors Simpsons" I did find a few examples (though one example was that Itchy couldn't gut Scratchy and use his intestines as a noose--something I think I have seen Itchy do), but mostly it appears that the Simpsons has a fairly free hand. I suspect some of this has to do with the show being hugely popular for years and having basically been the foundation early fox survived on.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Sleeper

And then of course there's the infamous "SAVE ME JEEEEBUS!!"
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

SilentFutility

"this tribe of native americans long ago worshipped cows and horses" (or something like that)
"wow, thank god we all came to our senses and started worshipping a jewish carpenter 2000 years ago!"

SGOS

I think my favorite episode was when Homer hid in a hall closet and was sucked up by a mysterious vortex behind the the wall into the third dimension.  The preacher came by to console the family and told them Homer had gone to a better place.  He walked around on a mesh representing space time for a while and then fell through a depression in the mesh that I guess was a bending of space time into a three dimension world, which he didn't like at all, until he walked by a bakery that sold donuts.