News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. I'm SHIN

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"Fact of the matter is, we will put up with that a long longer from an atheist.  Buckster lamented that we didn't ban Cybercommuter, and said something like, hey, if this guy was a theist, he'd be long gone.

But, more than that, this just isn't a place that I would call welcoming to theists.  Sure, there have been some.  Bark mentions we have had some theist mods.  I don't really count Jason as he's certainly a non-traditional theist.  Now there was the Christian guy, Romans.  I admit I was quite surprised he was ever a mod.  But, on the other hand, many people thought he was just as bad at evading questions as any other Christian and should have been banned, not made a mod.  And, of note, he ain't been around in a long time now.

Let's be honest.  Sure, some theists are exceptions to the rule and manage to stay around.  But, those are the exceptions.  This place is NOT welcoming to theists.  Not that I say it should be.  I don't think it should be.  I just think that we should be honest about that fact.

Fact of the matter is:

As for forum being for believers as well as non --- sure. Idiots with their heads up their ass? Not so much. It's not brain surgery, CeassingFaith, if someone has a bad attitude, won't answer questions and acts nasty towards forum members they've not going to last very long.

I stand by what I said the first go around.   LOL

and

we MAY just be saying the same thing...........eh?   LOL

However, I don't think it's worthy of dwelling on that this forum isn't coddling theists.  If we MUST dwell on it - then here you go:
Most of the time it doesn't really have much to do with theism or lack thereof, if you notice.   But rather the ability to rationally discuss, take questions, honestly look to one's own personal beliefs (or lack thereof) and respond to other forum member's posts.
A person can be a theist up one side and down the other ALL day long........till the cows come home.......  BUT If they can't answer questions put to them earnestly and prove that  by getting all butthurt that they've been questioned in the first place- then they buy their ticket to ridicule right then and there.  We've had atheists here who were shitheads and found their way to the door all the same.

A person has to buy the ticket to ridicule here.   We don't just hand that stuff out for free.

:rollin:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Cybercommuter did eventually get banned for talking about conspiracy theories. I have no idea what happened to Buckster, I haven't seen him in forever.

Actually, no Cyber didn't.  He self-banned himself and changed his avatar.  It was his way of saying "fuck you".  Buckster actually did get banned.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.