News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 02, 2021, 10:15:58 PM
Nah, the photographer got most of the ship in the shot.
Nope, that's a radio antenna on the bow, about 20' tall.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sheena

"All of us are like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." -(Isaiah 64:6)-

Sheena

I jumped out of that boy many times when I was little girl. It's absolutely an amazing chopper. I am in love as well as in awe of it and those who worked to develop and maintain it.
"All of us are like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." -(Isaiah 64:6)-

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Sheena on September 16, 2021, 07:02:46 PM
I jumped out of that boy many times when I was little girl. It's absolutely an amazing chopper. I am in love as well as in awe of it and those who worked to develop and maintain it.

101st?

I used to know the pilot with the non-stop flight record in a Chinook. He said his teeth chatterd for week afterwards. 
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Sheena on September 16, 2021, 07:02:46 PM

Kind of looks like a shocked fish.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

They can carry their weight in guns and ammo according to a friend. He was a door gunner '68-'70. His bird transported me one, amazing to find a person you know from Alexandria, Indiana, there, in that place and time.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sheena

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 16, 2021, 09:09:41 PM
101st?

Nop. I did abroad, with a foreign Air Force. The closest I got to the 101st is twice the maneuvers we did with the USAF and USNavy. It was just for like less than a week. that's it. That chopper is phenomenal. I should have "kidnapped" one when I had a chance (no pun intended).

QuoteI used to know the pilot with the non-stop flight record in a Chinook. He said his teeth chatterd for week afterwards.
I m curious as to what type of flight that was. I  like reading US military autobiographies. Extremely fascinating.  And just from reading what I can put my hands on, I mean the hell these these Guys go through, the missions, etc. Astonishing!!

Sheena

Sheena

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 17, 2021, 11:21:07 AM
They can carry their weight in guns and ammo according to a friend. He was a door gunner '68-'70. His bird transported me one, amazing to find a person you know from Alexandria, Indiana, there, in that place and time.

Yes they do. It must be so cool to fly in them as a civilian. Never tried that. But I consider myself fortunate to have created that opportunity for me. The US military is f ing Wild. I Adore it with everything I got. The Troops the Equipment, the Everything except the politics.

Here's  a clip I found of what the chinnoks  can do. One pilot managed to perch its back & ramp on the top of a montain so the soldiers could get supplied, another did the same but on the ocean, opened the back ramp for this zodiac to shoot right in, and the 3rd demoed the over 11 tons chopper as if he's messing around in his little brother's winged bicycle (LOL). Minute mark of about 3 to 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWvGcMq8CM   :smile2:

Sheena

Gawdzilla Sama

Needs a big eye looking at the diver.
PZ Myers

Sheena

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2021, 06:46:38 AM
Needs a big eye looking at the diver.

You don't want to zoom in? But one still can't see much due probably to the dept of the deep. I am not a photographer.
Gawdzilla Sama, do you now or have posted at the skeptic forum in the past?

Sheena

...perhaps this one is better as far as the visibility of the divers:

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sheena on September 20, 2021, 06:35:27 PM
You don't want to zoom in? But one still can't see much due probably to the dept of the deep. I am not a photographer.
Didn't have a motivation to do that.
Gawdzilla Sama, do you now or have posted at the skeptic forum in the past?
Yep.
PZ Myers

Hydra009