News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Bucket list item checked off: glassblowing.  :D

Made this at Glass Axis last week.  I want to take another class already!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

You made that? Fuck! That looks good!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Thank you!  The colors were fortuitous -- I thought they'd come out looking slightly differently than they did, but I like what I got.  I intend to take further classes there as time and money permit.  It's a perfect double rocks glass, although I use it sparingly to prevent accidents happening to it.

Also, GS, I saw what you did there.  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

I though "Christina Ricci" at first glance.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

My uranium glass collection has been re-housed in a gloriously MidMod cabinet:

PopeyesPappy

Ida doing crazy things to the sky here this morning. No rain but a double rainbow. Not the best picture...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Isn't that...too lose?

E: close, lol
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2021, 02:55:15 AM
Isn't that...too lose?

Your thunking in reverse perspective, which makes *close* objects look much larger.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 31, 2021, 02:55:15 AMIsn't that...too lose?

Nah, the photographer got most of the ship in the shot.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 02, 2021, 10:15:58 PM
Nah, the photographer got most of the ship in the shot.
i got 4 carriers  in one shot once, nearly a mile of bird farms, at North
island, 1988.
PZ Myers

Cassia

Those guns are bigger than that tug. I wonder if they had to account for windage?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cassia on September 03, 2021, 07:56:09 AM
Those guns are bigger than that tug. I wonder if they had to account for windage?
Windage, speed, barometric pressure, humidity, etc.
PZ Myers