News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2019, 05:40:52 PM
Aztec Eagle warrior?  Cuts your heart out.
They wouldn't--the priests get to do that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2019, 08:16:52 PM
They wouldn't--the priests get to do that.
No, they just took prisoners alive so they could be cruelly murdered.

This practice was what got their neighbors to team up with the conquistadors.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 26, 2019, 09:34:27 PM
No, they just took prisoners alive so they could be cruelly murdered.

This practice was what got their neighbors to team up with the conquistadors.
right--my only point was that the warriors did not cut out the hearts--priests did. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2019, 10:10:51 PM
right--my only point was that the warriors did not cut out the hearts--priests did.

Typical theists...  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 27, 2019, 02:24:53 AM
Nahuatl grammar nazi.

What part of MikeCL pointing out that priests did the rituals and not the warriors upset you to use "nazi"?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 03:53:46 AM
What part of MikeCL pointing out that priests did the rituals and not the warriors upset you to use "nazi"?

Nazi = grammar nazi ... not German Nazi.  A common dig on people who say ... your point is good but you did something trivial wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 02:50:56 AM
Yeah.  The tl at the end is a giveaway.
Friend of mine is passionate about exploring cenotes. He retired recently and moved to Yucatan to do it full time. The Mexican government is working with him. He speaks Aztec.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2019, 06:27:01 AM
Friend of mine is passionate about exploring cenotes. He retired recently and moved to Yucatan to do it full time. The Mexican government is working with him. He speaks Aztec.

Multiple Mayan languages.  He needs to speak Yucatec.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2019, 06:27:01 AM

What kinds of things are found in cenotes? I've come across them in fiction, but I know nothing of the real ones.

[edit]
Oh, I see! Pretty much what I didn't expect!

https://www.oyster.com/articles/the-most-amazing-cenotes-in-mexico/

I can see why someone would be bonkers for the things, what beauty! Exploring such things would be awesome. But really, does he expect to find archeological evidence?

[/edit]
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

The hunt is more important than the finds. He's having fun.
PZ Myers

Baruch

There is a hidden cenote beneath the main temple at Chichen Itza.  They aren't all open topped.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.